Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery scheduled for nov 10th... Anyone else?

Hi all! I'm new to this site and trying to figure things out.. Not sure if its the site or my phone but it doesn't want to update my profile or picture... Anyways.. I'm scheduled for surgery on November 10th... Anyone else scheduled around this time? I need some support and people who are experiencing the same/similar things I am! I'm beyond scared to have the surgery... I have never in my life had a surgery or heck even a stitch! I sometimes want to back out or find myself talking myself out of the surgery.. I hope I'm not the only one! I see a lot of people excited for their surgery and don't get me wrong, I'm excited but more scared. Well, looking forward to meeting new people and going through this journey with someone who understands or can relate.

I am scheduled for November 11. Surgery can be scary if you don't know what to expect. Please have faith in your surgeon and their staff. This will be my 3rd laparoscopic surgery so I have been through this a few times. My first surgery I had a major met down and panic attack while waiting to go into the operating room. I woke up after surgery wondering why I had gotten so bent out of shape. The fear of the unknown is what did me in. What is your biggest fear about the surgery? Is it the procedure itself? Post op? Once you can narrow down your fears you can then begin to address them.

Very true! I'm most scared for the unknown! What to expect afterwards... I know once I'm home and it's done with ill be just fine. Once I set my mind to something I'm pretty head strong. For some reason the surgery part is freaking me out. I'm worried that like you, I'll have a panic attack or start bawling uncontrollably!

HI! I am scheduled for Nov 10th too. I am starting with very similar stats to yours. I understand your fears. I've had more surgeries than I can count, but I still get very nervous before each one. It IS scary! But I have to admit, I've never been excited about a surgery before, so this does feel weird. This is the first one that I feel like is really my choice, one I want to have because of the very positive, life-changing effects it can have. My quality of life has been the pits for quite a while and it's exciting to think of how much better it will be because of this surgery. So, maybe not excited about the surgery itself - I am excited about the results! The surgery is just a step.

Yes! Definitely excited for the results! Have they started you on any liquid diet? Or has there been any mention of it? My surgeon hasn't said anything about a liquid diet before hand just a diet 2 weeks before surgery to lose some weight.

My surgeon doesn't require any kind of preop diet other than full liguids the day before. I've been on Rx diet pills from my PCP though to help jumpstart things a bit and give me some relief from the bad effects of my weight on my back & knees. I've lost 24 lbs so far which has already made a big difference so I can't wait to see what 100+ lbs does!

Hi, this my first time sharing on the forum. My surgery date is November 20th although I'm trying to get that date pushed up so that I can be at least mobile for the holidays. I was so excited when I made the decision to have the RNY surgery, now that excitement is mixed with anxiety and fear. I know that I wouldn't turn back but I do need the support.

Nov 6 for me! Scared but kinda numb still!

Hi there,

My surgery date is around yours. Mine is for the 17th. It's normal to have fears. This is an important surgery and this is going to change your life. I sometimes get afraid, but then I think of all the positives and remind myself that I am tired of being overweight. Just think of all the positives. :)