Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair loss to the max!

DDBug

4 months post-op Gastric Bypass. 67lbs lost. Half my hair has fallen out!! Every morning handfuls come out in the shower. I'm getting my Proteins in. Will it stop?? Will it grow back??? It's so thin on top I'm scared I'm going bald.

Go on Amazon and buy Toppik. Make sure to get the spray nozzle. It works great disguising my white scalp. I have the smallest .42ounce size and it will last several months. Great bargain at $28!

Thank you for your responses! I was really scared. As long as I know it will grow back, I can try to make it through. Going to look into options like Biotin

Have you seen a good change since you started the Biotin?

Biotin will help with regrowth, but it won't stop the hair from falling out. I notice 1-2" regrowth hairs all over my scalp growing in. Hard to know if the biotin is helping or this would just naturally happen on its own. My nails have never been stronger! I am now 5 months post-surgery and the Hair loss is slowing down. I started losing my hair fairly early (@ 6 weeks) compared to others on this board though. I started taking biotin before surgery. The Toppik has been a God-send. I went from not wanting to leave the house to feeling confident again. It covers where my scalp shows through and I also spray some under the layers to thicken it up. I also cut 5" off my hair to a little above my shoulders. This has helped make it look fuller. Just remember its a short-term problem. It WILL grow back!!!

Edited by Bluesea71

Thanks!! I feel so much better!

Using Head and Shoulders with Zinc, Eating my Protein, taking my Vitamins and Biotin. Trying not to wash my hair too much and extending my monthly color touch up to maybe 6 or 8 weeks instead of every 4. I am still hanging on the hope it will grow back. i lost tons of hair after both of my pregnancies from months 4 to 7 while my post pregnant body adjusted. Got it back both times. Hoping this time returns too after I am at my goal weight.

I've been taking sublingual Biotin and B12 methyl folate sublingual and my hair is thicker and healthier than ever! I think the sublingual is easier absorbed than just swallowing the pills.. Maybe try that. I'm 8 months out and my nails and hair are growing like mad!

I am 12 yrs out and my hair is thin. It once was very thick. I take all sorts of supplements including Biotin. I don't see a difference. I am going on hormone replacement therapy next week. Thinning hair can be linked to that. I hope it works.

Here is info http://www.lef.org/Protocols/Female-Reproductive/Female-Hormone-Restoration/Page-07

I am four months out and my hair has been falling out in clumps!

I'm taking Biotin but haven't noticed any difference.

I will have to try Toppik.

It's GOT to stop soon!