Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been diagnosed with this disorder for many years. It basically means that my stomach cannot properly digest food. I'm afraid it is making things harder after my RNY. I get quite hungry, but as soon as I eat I'm nauseated. As soon as the nausea wears off I'm really hungry again. Doesn't matter if I only ate a half hour ago, or two hours ago. And it isn't just the kind of hungry where your stomach growls, but the kind that makes you very lightheaded and shaky. Does anyone else deal with this? Is there a way to make things easier? I used to take medication, Domperidone, for this problem, but the doctors won't prescribe it now. It's a med I have to get from Canada. However, the doctors now say that Reglan is just as good, and that's what they prescribe for me. This med doesn't even begin to work, but my doctors will not switch it out or prescribe the med that worked.

Wow I have gastric paresis as well. I am in day 5 of post op so in still on full liquid diet. I feel good so far. I took motillium for my gastric paresis but it's only sold in Mexico. I was on Reglin but the side affects are to risky.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products