Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so nervous! I have being researching this for a while and am finally ready... I get sleeved on the 30th of this month. I'm having it done 2 hours from where we are stationed at in New Orleans. I'm going to be sleeved at Keesler AFB in Biloxi, Mississippi. It been crazy with driving back and forth for appointments but it's worth getting the surgery I want since Tricare will not cover it off base.

So I started my liquid diet a week ago and oh my is this hard!!!

You're going to do fine. I was extremely nervous as well. I was sleeved on Sept 3rd. The worst part after the surgery for me was my reaction to the anestesia (can't spell, sorry!) haha They talk about how they give you a pump for pain meds but unforuntately that made me nauseous as well so I couldn't use it. Just make sure to walk as much as possible!! Good Luck! :)

You are going to do great! I can't wait to hear all the details. Praying for a sucessful surgery for you!

I was sleeved on Tuesday. The pain the first day was pretty bad but has gotten way better. I find myself falling asleep a lot. I am leaving the hospital today I could have went home last night but I opt to stayed another day since I live 2hrs away from where my surgery was done. I cannot wait to go to work on Monday so I can have my dr I work for give me a b-12 shot. Now one thing that did happen is I started itching all over and I had to take a lot of Benadryl. So I stayed sleepy.

I was sleeved on 9/30/14. Feeling good. Some pain in my shoulder and pain when I eat. Dr says that will go away. Can't believe I finally did it.

@, Hi . I am so glad I found this forum about Keesler. I have tricare standard and the local surgeons do not accept Tricare. Are you Standard too and Keesler accepted you? That is what I am wondering. even though I do not recieve care at Keesler, since there is not an option in the community, would they take me on? Also, how long was your wait? Were you confident in the staff and their years of experience? How is your recovery?

@, Hi . I am so glad I found this forum about Keesler. I have tricare standard and the local surgeons do not accept Tricare. Are you Standard too and Keesler accepted you? That is what I am wondering. even though I do not recieve care at Keesler, since there is not an option in the community, would they take me on? Also, how long was your wait? Were you confident in the staff and their years of experience? How is your recovery?

so I changed from standard to prime to make sure I had no problems. Keesler was great it's a nice hospital. I do not receive care at Keesler my primary care dr is in New Orleans/ belle chasse. There was a lady there when I went to the first meeting at Keesler back a few months ago the live 20 minutes west of me in New Orleans and she had standard so I'm sure there is a way... Keesler bariatrics phone number is (228)376-0425 or 376-0427

You are going to do great! I can't wait to hear all the details. Praying for a sucessful surgery for you!

if I remember correctly your surgery has passed right? It was the 7th correct? How did your surgery go.

if I remember correctly your surgery has passed right? It was the 7th correct? How did your surgery go.

I just had my surgery On Tuesday, October 14

Edited by lovelytrl

How are you feeling?

I am doing well. Yesterday wasn't a good day because I was dizzy most of the day so today I started my day out with a Protein Shake and I'm taking it easy. So far so good. Thanks for asking. How are you?

I am doing well. Yesterday wasn't a good day because I was dizzy most of the day so today I started my day out with a Protein Shake and I'm taking it easy. So far so good. Thanks for asking. How are you?

I'm doing much better although The site where the big incision was really sore these last few days but my doctor said that's normal I want to go see him today and not I'm on solids and that's kind of tricky but I have lost about 30 pounds so that's exciting in the fact that I been able to fit into clothes that I bought two years ago that I couldn't wear when I bought them and now they're fitting. I'm so nervous though on what my limit is that I won't even try to push it to the limit and finding myself having to eat or drink more frequently because I won't eat to feel full I just eat to make sure I take a couple bites of something so that way I don't pass out

ssabarringer, have you gotten more information? We're about 3.5 hours from KAFB, but they are going to allow me to be a patient (I think - my referral is finally active). We have family there, so there are no issues, I can stay as long as I need to for appts etc. I was wondering if you ever met with the surgeons and could give me more information. I was due to have surgery in Jan, but my husband got orders and we're starting over from scratch going from North to South region. How long will the preop mess take? Are the physicians good?

Thanks in advance!

Deena

Edited by DRMwith2