Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 54 years old, and have fought the battle of the bulge for all my life. I remember when I wad younger I couldn't find clothes to fit me right so I would buy my jeans in the boys section. I started Weight Watchers at the young age of 16! I married at the age of 19' we had our first daughter after I graduated from Nursing School. I weighed 132 at the beginning of my pregnancy. Never could get back down to my ore pregnant weight again! By the time I realized it, I was pregnant with our second child. They are 13 months apart. I loved being a mother, worked part time. Life was good. Always joining rejoining WW, or trying every new fad diet available. We have another daughter 3 years later. Family complete!

Still back and forth with the diets. Never being able to drop the weight. Around the age of 40, I think I weighed around 200 lbs, hoping to see the wonder100's again. It never happened. I was always the biggest mom in my children's classes. I love being around people, and I think very outgoing, but as the weight continues to go upward, I went inward. The beginning if a very deep depression, which I sought counseling for, and still am. But the weight keep going up and up. Jenny Craig came into my life, I between Weight Watchers, etc, etc, etc...you know the picture.

2000 rolls around we have a lot of family tragedies, loss of brother inlays and sister in law in bridge accident, son lost 2 best friends, my comfort, food food, and more food, to bring me comfort! Weddings come around, my husband says, we need to lose the weight, so we aren't fat in all these pictures! Pictures last forever. nicely put. We all joined WW! My daughter (the bride ) made her goal! Me however gained everything they lost!

Now for my sons wedding, I found a new "weight loss diet". Medifast! Did good for awhile, lost about 30 lbs, wore a size 16 dress! Quickly gained the weight back after getting off the diet! No surprises.

Our last daughter got married in November of last year, husband once again, same statement. But life gets in the way! My mothers health was failing rapidly, my prayer is she would live to see her youngest granddaughter get married. She passed away on my daughters birthday, (yes the one who got married) 1 month, and 10 days before the wedding! 8 days after my mom died, we had a new granddaughter, so there was our ray of sunshine! 22 days later, my husbands best friend died from a brain tumor, then 11 days later, our daughter was married. Well what does one due in those situations you know eat, eat, eat! I had to let my dress out. How embarrassing! I just bought it in August! I was just too much!

January of 2014 I weighed 261 at the dr. Office I as devastated. She was so nice, get the weight of she suggested Weight Watchers! Lol! In March a dr. Approached me asking me if I ever thought of doing the sleeve! I always swore I wouldn't do Bariatric surgery!

Well never say never! One more diet, try Herbalife, well that lasted 2 months, I was in the dr. Office! My initial weight at her office is 255 so that is my official weight!

That is my long drawn out story!

I am ready to begin my new chapter, am hoping September 30th in a new start. Still awaiting insurance approval. Hopefully hear tomorrow!!!

Sorry this was so long!

Thanks for the support on this board. It is most helpful! [

attachment=48133:ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1411351975.746728.jpg]

My husband and I I had lost 13 lbs. here!

post-220267-141135200147_thumb.jpg

Edited by annisa

WE all hit the lowest point before we start to climb up again. All the best in your journey. Your gonna do great! :)

Hi Annisa, I can relate to much of your story, I am a retired nurse with the same see-saw version of my weight, I am 69 and finally have made the decision to have the sleeve done. Today I am having my stress test to be cleared for surgery which is scheduled for 10/8. Good luck on your journey, I can only say that this chat group has helped my understanding both before and after the surgery. Suzanne

Just remember that the sleeve is only a tool. You truly have to do much of the work.

Good luck on your journey!