Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh my gosh! I am getting so freaked out and have the what ifs!!!! Surgery is monday and I have read different blogs and sites saying the sleeve is bad etc etc....please help ease my anxiety especially about leaks!

Edited by auntiemel

I get it-- I'm getting sleeved Friday. It's a safe operation that will increase your longevity and quality of life. Good decision.

Hi,

I have my op booked in for the 3rd of October and have been on the pre-op diet for a few days. I didn't realise how hard it would be. How did you find the pre-op diet?

I'm ok with the jitters at the moment but then I'm just under 2 weeks away.

From everything I've read and been told the operation is straight forward and very little side effects so what I do and don't think about the op and instead picture what you will look like in a years time.

It's perfectly normal to feel nervous and scared. I assume you researched the surgery and your doctor before yesterday and think you made a good decision.

Reading one more blog or one more post about complications should not change your mind if you're confident in your decision. That's not to say you're not scared - I was. I almost backed out in admitting the morning of my surgery - I thought, "I could walk out of here and only be out $500!" Then I looked over at my husband and something changed in my mind at that moment. I CHOSE to go thru with it. That was empowering.

Only you can determine whether you are ready for surgery or not. Try to figure out why you're scared/nervous/whatever and get resolution. Then stop reading negative blogs and posts! :rolleyes:

I am scheduled for Monday also. Surgery at 1000. It is a scary thing to thing of happening to your body. Take the other advise listed and think of the benefits. We will be able to live again and be happy! My fear is the surgery and recovery itself. I am ready for the changes. Think positive. We will be fine. Looking forward to your post postoperative.

Auntie Mel. I recall your name!! Good luck tomorrow. My surgery is at 730am est

My surgeon has not had a leak in 4 years. Will be tested for leaks during surgery and one day post op. Dietitian and nurse have said procedures have improved so much that prevent leaks, that drains are not used too much either.

My surgeon has not had a leak in 4 years. Will be tested for leaks during surgery and one day post op. Dietitian and nurse have said procedures have improved so much that prevent leaks, that drains are not used too much either.

We will have to keep in touch!

Having so many second thoughts on this, surgery is on Wednesday ad I'm so torn as to wat to do. It's been a 5 month journey and just wonder how things will be after surgery.

Jon, life will be magical. Embrace it!!!

Every time I think about surgery in January I freak out!

I freaked out too and thought if canceling. Even now it is hard at times since surgery on Monday but there is a lot of support for you. Just keep moving along and the short term difficulties will outweigh the long term benefits. Think positive.

@@auntiemel if it makes you feel better, I'm prepped right now waiting for my stroll down the hall. My surgeon just left out the room answering all of my pre-op jitter questions! He says a leak is less than 1%, it's no easy way out to have WLS but it is hard work afterwards, walk as much as possible afterwards, stick to the plan and you'll be fine. After seeing him with the scrubs and glasses on coming down to check on me and answer questions before the O.R., and a prayer, I'm ok. You got this!! If I can do it, you can do it! I'm as jittery as it gets!????????