Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started my weightloss journey on the 1st July 2014 at 104kg and I am currently 89kg.

I must say up until the most recent fill (2 days ago) I was stArting to think the band wasn't going to be very successful as I was still able to eat a lot of food and quite often finding myself hungry and wanting to munch!!

Just had my 2nd fill and I have now got 6mls in my band. 2 days of liquids and just starting to eat soft foods today. I can already feel a big difference as I've not felt hungry at all and even such a small amount has kept me feeling really full. I'm hoping that this lasts!!

I am finding even before my last fill that I'm bringing a bit back up again. Clearly I'm still having trouble with knowing when enough is enough and not chewing enough. Does it get easier? Does it become the norm?

Welcome to the lapband world. You r doing fantastic. And day by day, week by week, you will see changes. The lapband will never be successful. It is you that will be sucessful with the tool.

If you are throwing up or bringing some up, you are eating too fast and you might not be chewing as well as you think.

Enough is enough when after eating you fell satisfied not filled to the brim.

The pouch that we have is very small. It is suggested that you measure you food before eating. I know this because I did the same. And I have my lapband almost 5 years. I mess up too. Slow down. The changes are in your future. Best wishes. Ilene

It does become the norm but it takes time and for some of us it takes a lot of time. I think I was 10 mos out before I finally figured out how to eat slower, chew my food to a mush consistency and take smaller bites.

Still, I manage to get stuck or slime at least once a week. For some of us, this is the new norm.

Hi there, I had to do a lot of behavior modification as I ate so fast. And, yes, I still do eat too quickly sometimes, but now I get the feeling -- the indication that not all is well -- ahead of time and I stop. That part was hard for me as my instinct was to have just one or two bites more then stop. Um, no. I think you're doing great -- so happy for you! It takes a little time to find the groove but that's what it's all about.

Thanks so much for the replies! Well, so far after this 2nd adjustment I can hardly eat! It all feels so difficult to get down. My portion size is less than half a tea plate and I can't even manage that. Trying to eat Breakfast isn't easy. I give up after 1 mouthful. I'm hoping things will loosen up a little bit as I am hardly eating anything at all! Feels like it gets stuck! Certainly starting to lose weight now!!!

It's dangerous to be too tight. Make sure you're eating slowly, taking small bites and chewing? Keep in touch.

You might want to skip Breakfast and wait till later in the morning to try some food. From what ive heard , most people have a tighter band first thing in the morning. I used to love breakfast foods, now I cant do any oatmeal, eggs, pancakes etc in the AM. Everything gets stuck or uncomfortable. But for some reason I can slowly nibble on Belvita Breakfast biscuits, turkey Jerky, and trail mix with no problems. So if you have to eat something, try some healthy foods that aren't typical breakfast foods and see what happens. Good luck !

Thanks for the advice! Well the weight has certainly been coming off these last few days after my 2nd fill. However, lunch is the only meal I'm really able to eat more than a few bites and that's only I think because it's a stew and really soft already! Drinking is not a problem either, just a bit slower.

Breakfast and dinner seem to be a bit difficult but as I'm only 6 days post adjustment I'm just wondering if it still maybe the swelling from it still and that it may calm down?

I know that if it's too tight I wouldn't be able to eat anything or drink anything without it coming up so I'm not sure what the deal is!

Have you gals read Alex's book about the Lapband? I know I did, I proudly can say that 11 pages in the book are from me. They have me as Ilene from Ny and Florida.

I never had a support group to go to as other gals do. After almost five years with the Lapband, I just live my life. I used to dwell on food all the time and even got chewed out by someone with a history like mine. I was so mad that I un friended her. But she was right.

I now think of exercise every day, the food is secondary to me. I am 66 years old now and it took me 15 months to lose 86 lbs. at this time, I gained 27 lbs because. Last year I had 8 surgeries on my legs. And I was unable to exercise or walk much. Then 7 months ago my brother died, and I have been depressed and sad.

A combo of stress, lack of sleep, no exercise and a band that needed some un filling created a weight gain for me. I now have a new doc and I am in the green zone . I am on my way.

I am telling you this because sometimes life pops in and all the planning you might have done can mess things up. Rome was not built in a day. Hugs to all.

I go tomorrow for my 2nd fill I've lost 8 lbs so far I'm not as hungry as before I'm hoping to see more results with the 2nd fill in the past 8 to 10 lbs was the maximum I would loose

Good luck!! It has settled down a lot now but I'm realising a lot of what the problems were, were due to me not chewing enough and eating far far too quickly! I am really not seeing food in such a positive light anymore as it's always a bit of a challenge to keep things down and end up throwing up most days. my appetite had decreased greatly though! No more snacking at all. I keep meaning to ring my dr and ask their opinion (if I'm too tight or not) but I keep thinking it'll be ok and I must be in the green zone or something?

Don't feel bad! At 5 years out (and almost 200 lbs down) I occasionally still take too big a bite/don't chew well enough. That is the beauty of the tool! It helps you to learn! I have the added benefit of working for a Bariatric program, and being confronted daily with the realities. I STRONGLY recommend a face to face support group! It can really help when you feel discouraged!post-236717-14127014523868_thumb.jpg

You look amazing! You have done so well!!! We don't have any support groups here that I know of. I seem to do a little better now, I'm certainly changing my opinion on food. It was always such a treat and I looked forward to eating anything and everything! Now I see it as challenging and I only think about it when I really have to eat. It's such a different relationship with food now and I'm down another 3kg since my 2nd fill recently! Chew chew chew is the key!! And to take small amounts and wait for a bit in between! Being sick is not quite so often anymore.