Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dr hidalgo in puerto vallarta guestions?

hello! im having the gastric sleeve done in oct 2014 with DR Hidalgo in puerto vallarta... can anyone tell me anything about their experience with him???? experience having gastric sleeve in puerto vallarta??

thank you!

Sharonsusan I saw your post re: Dr Hidalgo. I am having my surgery by him on March 9, 2015. Was just wondering how it went for you, what you thought of Dr Hidalgo and CMQ hospital. As he is not one of the more popular surgeons I am getting a little more nervous. Would love to hear feed back from you. Thanks

Everything went well!! A few of my night nurses didn't speak English but my day nurses all spoke English I had a little more pain then dr Hidalgo expected in first 24 hrs so they kept me an extra day n hospital at no extra charge - instead of releasing me n morning they kept me till late that evening. My fault on that I forgot to mention I have very low pain tolerance for anything! Surgery went very well post op went very well an I've lost 60lbs dr also came to hotel to ck on me an remove staples before I went home. My hubby stayed with me in hospital room which was comforting

Oh the hospital was very clean. My floor only had a few rooms so I assumed it was very specialized an only did my type of surgery. They encourage u to walk an I used to walk around my floor. My room was large but not big enough for me to walk. I used to walk an talk to nurses at main desk. Very nice very professional

Thank you for your quick response. It does help to hear of others that had a good experience using Dr Hidalgo. I had read a post on this site that said he reinforced his staples with stitches. Do you know if he did that with your procedure. Great job on your weight loss success.

No I don't believe he did unless it was internal an they would've been self dissolving I only had at most 2 staples per wound. I had 5 incisions all very very small my surgery was laparoscopic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches