Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got a date...anyone else having surgery October 7th?

So excited!! Finally got my date today for my revision from lap and to gastric bypass!! October 7th!! Anyone having surgery that day?? ????

Hi

This is msspiceybaby, My surgery date is Oct.8th. Do have to do a pre-op diet? I start on the 26th of Sept.Good luck to you.

There are two of us under the thread "October Surgery date." Mine is October 28 and the other is Oct 20th. She is also a revision from lapband to bypass. We should follow each other

Awesome!! I don't have pre surgery diet yet. I go for pre-op stuff at hospital on 27th then see my Dr that afternoon. Looks like it will just be 1 week on Protein Shakes before surgery!! Yes, we should def follow each other!!

@@hharrison43

I actually start pre-op on 26th. And go see the doctor on the 29th.So glad to have new friends on this journey. It seem like this time moving quickly. I see my primary on the 23rd. So I may even start on the 24th. I'm waiting on my GENEPRO Protein to be delivered. I hope it's as good as the advertised. So lets make sure we keep in contact. I'll put you on my friend list as soon as I remember how to do it.

Wow!! How exciting!! I added you as my friend I haven't picked out a Protein Powder yet. I bought a few sample packets at health food store so we shall see. One day closer to our new selves!! Yay!!

Good you started out with samples. I did not. When I was during my 6 months, I bought some different Proteins. I got the large containers. I did try Body Fortress triple chocolate, I mixed it with dark chocolate silk milk,Hershey chocolate powder, Hershey Syrup and ice and blend. It was really good even my grandchildren liked it. Only thing was I didn't measure because I was making a whole container. I need to scale it down and count calories. I did buy some sugar-free Hershey chocolate. I got that at Wal-mart. I bought the Fuzzy Navel added Crystal light(orange a whole container)and I may have used some diet Jello. I don't remember if mixed with Water or milk but it was horrible to me and my kids. So once again the samples are the best way to go.I bought some already mixed Protein Shakes that I read about on the forum. I'll have to try Muscle Milk,Premium, I got some Simple Start Breakfast it has 15g of Protein, but it has 14g of sugar. I haven't found out what the sugar and carb count will be. I ordered GENEPRO from Amamzon its suppose to be tasteless,odorless, and blends well with hot temp.

Hi,

I just had an idea. I made some simple apple sauce (no sugar). There are plenty of apples right now and at great prices. All I did was peel and chop, add a tiny amount of Water and cook on low heat for 15 minutes with the pot lid on. I added a dash of salt too. Then using a wire whisk I just blended the whole thing right in the pot. I cooked it a little longer because it was a bit liquid.

I am wondering could I add some of that no favor Protein powder and have a comforting meal for after surgery. I could even warm it up a little.

I am freezing a whole bunch in baggies. In half a cup portions, of course, for our new tiny tummies

Great ideas ladies!! The Bariatric Protein powder is good..chocolate! I know my Dr said after surgery to not go over 5 grams of sugar due to dumping syndrome. The applesauce sounds awesome! And adding unflavored protein powder would work! ☺ Yall need to read "The Big Bariatric Surgery" book. I purchased on Amazon to read on notepad. Gives soo many helpful hints and advice w diet and menu help on what to eat during each phase. I also bought "Weight loss surgery for dummies" and it's a great book too!! I'm gonna have to get the sugar free Hershey syrup! Yummy!

@@Beni that idea about the apples is really good. What type of apples do you suggest? This is the best time of the year for them Thanks

@@hharrison43 I think you will enjoy the sugar free Hershey. Is that 5gram a meal? Have you bought any of the sugar free syrups . I have but I haven't tried any yet? I think I will order those 2 books from Amazon. Have you ever went on the Bariactric Foodie site. because I know she(Nikki) has a book on Amazon as well.

Anyone else excited and nervous.I'm worried about sticking with the program,keeping up with the and dumping. But excited as of Oct we will be starting a new adventure in our lives and that's a good thing.

I am trying my best to get added to my surgeons schedule on 10/7. I won't have a confirmation until Tuesday or Wednesday. I ordered a ton of different samples from Nashua Nutrition. I think it is close to 20 different brands and flavors so I have plenty to try right after surgery. They offer samples of almost everything they sell for under $2 each.

I will check in after I have a confirmation of my date and hopefully I will share the day with you!

So excited!! Finally got my date today for my revision from lap and to gastric bypass!! October 7th!! Anyone having surgery that day?? ????

I am Oct. 7th!!!!

Nervous, neh. Not a tiny bit. But wait, is my nose growing a little longer.

The apples I used were golden delicious but yesterday I also bought gala and mackintosh. I am going to do different types of apples just to have different flavors to try.

Another Bariatric Pal mentioned she does a grilled peach that tastes like a mini apple peach pie. I have read that fruit is too high in sugar especially in the beginning but apples and peaches because of their high pectin content seem to be better tolerated. Even more so, if they are cooked. I am not sure if it's true but I'll give it a try. My thinking is, if I have a few go to special food items for those not so good days, I will be okay. We shouldn't overload on artificial sweets either. Just now and then.

I will check out the choc Syrup, books and the foodie site, great ideas ladies. I love how we are pooling ideas together. You all rock!

Hello all! I had my lap band out in February and have my bypass next Thursday. (Oct 2nd) liquid diet going good. I've lost 7.5 pounds so far. Starting to get a little anxious.

I'd love to keep in touch with you other October folks!

Tammy

Raleigh, NC

Hello all! I had my lap band out in February and have my bypass next Thursday. (Oct 2nd) liquid diet going good. I've lost 7.5 pounds so far. Starting to get a little anxious.

I'd love to keep in touch with you other October folks!

Tammy

Raleigh, NC

I just started liquid diet. I am Oct. 7th. Good job on weight loss. I haven't weighed but only been on 3 Days.