Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 Months Post Op VSG and at a stall for over 2 months :(

I am 7 months post op and have been weighing between 190-194 for over the past 2 months. I was 262HW, 246 Before liquid Diet and 239 on the day of surgery which was 02/28/14. I do cardio 1-2 times per week but perform a rigorous boot camp workout routine that burns between 600-800 calories in 1 hour. I do the boot camp 2x per week. I am getting no less than 80 grams of Protein everyday and sometimes as much as 125g of Protein and am sure to intake 800 calories on a normal day and 1,000 to 1,200 on a boot camp day. I am following every instruction my nut and surgeon have given and I am just beyond disappointed now. I know that at first some of my fat was converting to muscle which weighs more so I calked the first month up to that...now I just don't think that is it...I'm just not losing...I am stalled....and I am discouraged... :( Any suggestions?

Look at your diet and see what you are eating. I understand you are getting in your Protein but how much fat and sugar are you eating. Just a suggestion. Also you really should be working out up to 5 days a week. Need to burn the calories! I just came off a 3 week stall and i am 9 months post today. You really need to change up your eating and exercise routine every 6 wks or so your body doesnt adjust. Try working out 3 to 4 days and really push the cardio and strength. I was taught to do a warm up and then hit the strength before cardio. I do heavy strength every other day. The opposite days i concentrate on cardio and little strength. I work out 5 days a week and about 1 hr and 45 min a workout. It is important to losing weight!

Edited by kimba6999

Good luck to you and congrats on your journey this far

thanks @@kimba6999! I will try to get more workout time in and see if that helps any. I work a full time job and do college/prep coursework online at home, have 3 kids etc so my schedule is really spread thin. I will try to up it more and see if that breaks my stall. Congrats on your loss so far! :)

Younare a busy busy mom! I too have kids at home and work so i understand. I am also a new g-ma and watch him a couple days a week. Sometimes i dont get to the gym till 11pm. I have always put others before me but when i started this journey i decided it was time for me to be a little selfish. So now i prioritize me time at the top of my list. I have a huge support staff too which has helped tremendously. Good luck to you and hope it will help.

Try doing a walk a couple nights a week to confuse the body from the boot camp stuff

Thats a good idea! I also bpught an exercise ball for home. When im home i sit on it instead of the furniture. I just try to stay moving all the time. So when i have time for tv i rock on the ball or when i do computer work or anything else. The key is to just keep moving.

One thing about rigorous training is that if you aren't eating enough your body will hold on to the weight because it detects starvation if you aren't taking in enough and working out hard. Try upping your caloric intake with Protein and vegetables and see if this makes a difference. You may be surprised that you aren't eating enough calories.

So true! That happened to me at about 6 months or so. I was only eating about 900 cal but burning that in the gym almost every day. My NUT said to up to 1200 since i workout so much and boom! Witjin 3 days the lbs started dropping again. My body was in storage mode.

Wait, what? SHOULD be working out 5x a week? That's nice in theory, but not in reality. I know many a sleever who have gotten to goal without working out at all. I have gotten almost to goal by working out 1-5 days a week depending on my schedule.

My advice? Just keep doing what you do, your body will figure it out. Take your measurements and rely on those rather than the number on the scale. It's an amazing thing to see your body shrink despite that #+%^}+ scale.< /p>

I'm in the same boat here. I am three months out but for the entire month of September the scale has not moved.

I have read all of the advice and I plan on getting into everything I'm supposed to.

My kids shared a summer cold with me and then I pulled my lower back last week. I'm the one who has been laid up and not exercising. So I can't wait until my back heals and I'm back to exercise.

So please post when your stall is over and what seemed to be the aha moment in getting past it.

Finally broke my stall today!! 188 lbs...I will take it! Started drinking two Premier Protein shakes (30g Protein each) everyday and eating more veggies. Before I was only drinking one shake and was logging the other protein from my normal food intake. Apparently I wasn't absorbing enough protein from the foods I was eating. So now I am getting 60 grams of protein from my shakes plus trying to get another 20-40 per day from the food. It is working! Phew...I was about to throw in the towel and say well I guess this is all I'm going to lose...so glad I didn't!

@@Zane's Mom I broke my stall! See post above!

@@Zane's Mom I broke my stall! See post above!

crysclev.

Congrats. I looked at my fitness pal and in one month. I guess 23 to 23 I have lost 4.4 pounds. scale hasn't moved since the 12th.

And my hair is thinning like crazy. Ugh.

I'll try what you suggest but omg when I increase I feel bloated. I do one shake one Protein bar I package of almonds plus whatever I eat. I know I'm getting Protein in. What I need to do is get my ... In gear and start a true workout regimen.