Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when you were 4 days post op

Let's say all goes as expected, when you were 4 days post op do you think you felt up to it and could have made it to a wedding 4 days out? like sit and chill no dancing around etc. sounds crazy but between work and this wedding, if going to a wedding 4 days out isnt a good idea i am going to have to push my sx date out a whole extra 3-4 weeks. and i dont want to. if i can just make it to this wedding ill be okay.

I was clothes shopping at the mall four days after surgery. Everyone is different, however.

Don't lose sight that this is a MAJOR surgery and you should allow appropriate time for recovery if needed.

I recommend that you check with your surgeon.

Nope.

I could have gone to a wedding, I don't think I would have lasted very long at the reception though. Like probably not longer than 15-20 minutes. If you go, make sure you have an exit strategy -- if you are not feeling up to staying how are you going to get home? Make sure you have someone enlisted who will be perfectly willing to drop everything and take you home the very minute you say you are too tired or nauseous or whatever and want to leave.

Honestly, even though I could have gone to a wedding, I wouldn't have wanted to. At that point, I, like most post wls patients, was working on sipping constantly, needed frequent naps, and was still on heavy duty pain meds at night so kind of out of it even during the day.

At 4 days post-op I could not have done it. I was still loopy and extremely tired. I was taking naps during the day and my house was out of order.

I was still having trouble getting up and down out of my chair.

wow. it is hard to say how one will recover from surgery. depends on a variety of factors. I think I am having a great recovery but at four days out, I don't think I would be in the mood for a wedding. depending on how close you are to the wedding party, you could just make a cameo at the reception for a while. by then, all the food, drink, dance, chaos, no one will noticed you left.

I am four days out today and I think I could do it. But I would have the realistic expectation that I wouldn't be hanging out for long at the reception. It's not the pain but its the endurance and you don't really want to push yourself that much. Sitting at the wedding and then for thirty minutes at the reception for me would be completely doable.

I agree with the others. I probably could've gone, but it would have been pretty slow going (walking and moving slowly) and I'm sure I wouldn't have stayed long. Plus I wouldn't have wanted someone to accidentally bump into me or jostle me about.

y'know, three weeks isn't really THAT long. it sounds like going to the wedding is a definite, and i'm sure that if it's that important to you, you would rather have a good time dancing and socializing with your friends and family instead of feeling off and worrying about the way you feel.

I'm 3 days post-op and there's no way I'd have the stamina for a wedding. I'm having a hard enough time staying awake during the day (without being on pain meds). Plus, I'm still so darn uncomfortable from the gas working it's way out.

At four days I wouldn't have done it if I had to travel more than a few miles or was in the wedding party. If it was close to home and I could do a "fly by" apppearance and then leave gracefully, then maybe just maybe.

If your surgery details are being withheld from family and friends, then you might (closer to the wedding) let the bride and groom know you are under a doctor's care and would still love to come to the wedding but may have to duck out early.

Use your best judgement depending on how close you are to the bride and groom. You really do not want your health issues upstaging the bride. It's her day. Like the others said, if you do go, you should have an exit stategy.

I went on vacation 4 days out and went 4-wheeling in the Rockies. Was a little sore and tired but otherwise all was good. What makes me tired it working 5 days a week with a commute.Still trying to get back in the swing of things

Thanks for all the replies! I was not expecting so many, you guys are great! Needless to say I will NOT be going to a wedding in that condition! With all this pre-op excitement I actually forgot I would still be on pain meds duhhhhhhhh what was I thinking?

*i will post pone my surgery till after the wedding because i just cannot miss my dear friends wedding*

Edited by JDD713