Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some unexpected NSVs have me LOLing in public. You?

So yesterday I was at the grocery and I grabbed a hand basket thinking I was only getting a few things. A few turned into a bunch and my basket was quite heavy about halfway through the market. I hefted my basket up onto my hip (which used to be quite ample) and it slid right down my leg. Hmmm.... I tried again. And again. I seriously couldn't figure out WHY my basket didn't rest comfortably on my side like it always has. It took about 3 minutes of pondering this phenomenon before I realized I no longer have big wide cushiony hips on which to rest whatever it is I might need to carry. I seriously chortled with glee startling the produce man. HA!

Last week I had a girls' weekend away with my besties. We loaded up the luggage cart with all our stuff and I took my usual place behind the cart as the one who is designated to push it through the lobby. (I'm the only one who can be trusted not to mow innocent people down.) I couldn't budge it. I pushed and I heaved and I shoved that cart and it wouldn't move. I pulled it with all my might. Nope. One hundred plus pounds less of me wasn't going to move it no matter how hard I tried. So bizarre.

The ocean was another weird experience for me. I was a lifeguard growing up, both ocean and pool. I am a swimmer and I was even at my fattest. This summer was my first summer in 20+ years "thin". I was tossed around like a rag doll, totally off balance, barely able to gain footing because there is so much less of me. Oh, and I no longer float like I used to. In fact, I sink like a stone unless I give it a whole lotta effort. SO SO not what I'm used to.

I love the NSVs like fitting in a theater seat with my purse next to me, shopping in any store, passing by people in narrow aisles without rubbing them with my butt, etc. but some of these off the wall things really throw me off guard and it takes me a while to figure out what the heck is going on.

You?

@@LipstickLady

And I bet if any sharks came around while you were sinking in the ocean, they'd think you are too bony to bother eating.

Lol

These are the things that really matter, after all. May you keep on chortling!

Congratulations on all your NSV's ! It s the little things that count, right ? And since you asked .................. I have to tell this story because I think its hilarious, but my deepest apologies to any one that might be offended !! A few weeks ago my hubby and I were vacationing in upstate NY. As we were leaving the hotel one AM, I saw 2 ladies sitting together outside near their room ..( it was hot, I had a long red maxi dress on, looked nice ) As I walked near them to get to our car, I nodded and said a quiet " Good morning ." They both looked back at me, and one said in a kind of low, sexy voice, "Well,........... good morning !".. My hubby teased me all week long about my " girlfriends !" Im sure you get the picture, but we couldn't stop laughing about it !! You had to be there !!

Love it! You are awesome!

I chuckle when my friends that I have known FOREVER, don't recognize me from behind. Once I turn around, the recognition on their faces is funny to me.

I also enjoy not having to turn sideways when I meet someone on the stairs at work, and fitting in roller coaster seats with room to spare. The theater is another great place! I don't feel squished anymore. I can't wait to fly again.

I am loving this banded life!

Silly aunt Di, big difference between traveling when you're heavy and when you're lighter. 3 and a half years ago, a trip to Austin TX. Long flight, hot , tired, difficult trip physically. A few weeks ago, a trip to NY. Long flight, hot, not tired, easy trip physically. Huge difference, made this trip alot more fun !

I love these NSV! They are so important and I needed a chortle for the day! My new word of the day is chortle. It's that kind of word that just puts a smile on your face!

I enjoy being able to share all these things with each other, makes my day!

I've noticed that it doesn't require as much effort to get up off the couch or from a chair. Last night I almost face planted getting up from the couch. I pushed myself up with the usual amount of force and had just too much momentum for my lesser body mass. Instead of ending up standing I just kept going and fell right over onto the ottoman. LMAO My husband laughed so hard I thought he was going to start crying.

I went to see a Broadway play 2 weekends ago and it's amazing how much bigger they've made those theater seats since the last time... oh, wait... it's not the seat that's bigger, my butt's that much smaller!

Saw the pulmonologist Tuesday to officially dump the sleep apnea machine since I don't need it anymore (woot woot!). She told me how great I looked and said "you look like you're at the weight you're meant to be." How great of a compliment is that and I took it for all it was worth even though I still want to get down about 20 more.

I love these NSV! They are so important and I needed a chortle for the day! My new word of the day is chortle. It's that kind of word that just puts a smile on your face!

I enjoy being able to share all these things with each other, makes my day!

I chortle, I snort and if you really get me going, I piggle. You know, pee a bit with my giggle.

Angryviking - that's hilarious. I two did something similar. Was playing baseball on the Sept long weekend with ..hmm some 7-8 year olds and when I hit the ball and took off running to 1st base I put far too much effort in the push off and went @ss over tea kettle......kids thought it was the funniest thing they had ever saw. I on the other hand was calling for a medic. My back still smarts - but I'm smiling because I haven't even attempted baseball in over 20 years!

Edited by fat_free

I chortle, I snort and if you really get me going, I piggle. You know, pee a bit with my giggle.

OMG me too!! I love when we do it at ourselves and people look at us like we are crazy but it's because we know the inside joke! which only makes it that much funnier!! :)