Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sick today , it's a head cold etc I am going to see my GP about it this afternoon, so I thought while I have the time I will write an update and let anyone who cares know how things are going for me at this point.

Since surgery I have lost 49 pounds and in total since I started my weight loss journey (June 2013) I have lost 113 pounds, the thing that I have learnt is that I didn't put all the extra weight on in a few weeks so why do we all think we can loose it in a few weeks???

I hear people say that constantly ohh I worked really hard this week but I didn't loose any weight ... Well duh it's because it took 15 years for you to gain that extra 100pounds or whatever it doesn't just fall off because you have 3 good weeks of work ... I know this now and I think we would all be better off if we all knew it and accepted it.

Anyway... People seem to be noticing how much weight I have lost at work and stuff I am getting some really nice feedback and genuine interest in my success which is very nice :)

The last week or so I have noticed that I am being able to slowly eat a little bit more, which is great it's very frustrating only being able to have 1 bite of food then being full, though I am fully aware this is part of the process , still if I have anything that is to high in sugar like chocolate I tend to crash and feel quite sick until it passes ( usually about 30-40mins) so I am trying to avoid to much sugar, also refined carbohydrates like potato chips!! Dear lord they were my weakness before surgery and I find I can eat quite a lot of the now with out even realising it so I am really trying to make sure I make better choices ... Like fruit and yoghurts etc etc :)

My exersice I have slowly been increasing I am at 4 times a week for 30 mins and I am happy with that for now , I am going to try and increase the time slowly ... I still hate it to be completely honest I hate exersicing I enjoy the way it makes me feel afterm I finish and I enjoy the results on the scale and on my health but oh Lordy dear I hate doing it !

Hmm anyway that's about it from me I feel blah so I'm going to go rest before I go to the doctor :)

I hope you feel better. congrats on all your amazing work thus far. Proud of you. I'm only 8 days out. I can't wait until I am at 24 weeks. wonder what is in store for me. you are 2/3 of your way to go. awesome!!!!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches