Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is my Sleeve Working?

Hey Y'all! I was sleeved on 9/10/14, so I am only 6 days out and I honestly have to remind myself that I just had surgery! I am still on the full liquid diet, but am concerned because I can drink/eat with NO problems. It doesn't hurt to swallow. My stomach doesn't feel full. I actually feel hungry! :blink: I thought I wouldn't have an appetite for at least a month after surgery! I am taking it slow with my Protein and Soups because I don't want to "stretch" anything. Has anyone else had this experience?

Morning JM...I had the same exact experience. I had no complications and was able to drink w/o any problem. My first post surgery I had to see for myself on the xray machine of some sort that I have the sleeve done. I had to drink a liquid and was able to see the liquid go down my throat and stomach(size of it). So yes it is working, but still take it slow. I had some experience with drinking too fast or too much. Good luck and Congratulations!.

Good Morning! So did you start to "feel" your sleeve more once you moved to solid foods? I WANT to feel something working in there! :D

Once you're on soft solids you'll be feeling full after a few bites - it'll feel like every meal is Thanksgiving.

Thank you @@industrial_age! I actually can't wait to start feeling that! ;)

Thank you @@industrial_age! I actually can't wait to start feeling that! ;)

I felt the same way you did! Once I started purees, I had one too many spoonfuls of re fried beans( because they tasted so darn good!)and I was MISERABLE for about 20 minutes! The restriction came with a vengence! Now i'm careful to measure and stop when I can start to feel it. That will be something you will have to learn also when you start feeling restriction. The fine line between "full" and "satisfied". :)

Thank you @@Babbs! I still have about another week on the "full liquid diet"!

stomach doesn't feel full.

@@JM26

as others have said.......once you start on soft foods/solids you WILL start to feel restriction

try not to worry - you will get wrinkles!!! :o ;)

since you didn't mention any other problems, sounds like recovery is good well :)

good luck

kathy

Ha! Well I definitely don't want any wrinkles @@proudgrammy!!

Recovery has been a breeze for me, THANKFULLY! :) Can't wait to see where I am in a month!

@@JM26 glad your recovery has been so smooth. I was sleeved sept 10. I don't have much of an appetite. I can get more liquids down a lot faster now. 8 oz. in 30 minutes!!! I guess I will never win a yard of ale contest again.

cheers!!!

Hey Y'all! I was sleeved on 9/10/14, so I am only 6 days out and I honestly have to remind myself that I just had surgery! I am still on the full liquid diet, but am concerned because I can drink/eat with NO problems. It doesn't hurt to swallow. My stomach doesn't feel full. I actually feel hungry! :blink: I thought I wouldn't have an appetite for at least a month after surgery! I am taking it slow with my Protein and Soups because I don't want to "stretch" anything. Has anyone else had this experience?

Hi there, I am having the exact same experience! I was even starting to wonder if they "forgot" to do my sleeve. I haven't had any problems getting in my liquids or protein. I was sleeved on 9/16, & I was just cleared for pureed the other day (a few days early 'cuz I've had no problems ). Even with the puree (I've tried chicken salad, soft cheese, refried beans) and still no problems. I'm trying to eat really slowly, but even that's challenging. HELP...THIS IS MAKING ME SO PARANOID! (I know that sounds nuts, but it I just feel like this should be harder ).

Edited by Lucrezia Borgia