Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got my lap band on the 17th of February, 2014. I've lost almost 50 lbs but 25 of that was pre op on the liver shrinking diet.

I, too, am a bit discouraged. Expected to lose at least 10-20 more by now.

I got the lap band surgery 1-17-2014 I have lost a total of 70 pounds I just need some advise on what to eat without throwing up!!! Any suggestions..

Are you throwing up regularly? That's not normal and can mean you are too tight. Is your doctor aware of this?

Yes I went to the doctor on Tuesday of last week and got a fill then went back on Thursday and got .4 taking out I'm feeling a lot better I'm not throwing up like I was I just wanna know what foods to eat that won't make me throw up

No food in particular makes me throw up. All foods will make me throw up if I don't eat small bites, eat very slowly and chew till the food is the consistency of cream type Soups.

tmf

I had to do a lot of behavior modification as I was a real shoveler -- ate too much and too fast. So now I use a small utensil and I chew, chew, chew. I go slowly and can tell when my body is telling me that I need to go even slower or stop altogether. My goal is to be able to eat dense Protein -- like salmon, etc. and broccoli. I can tell if I'm too tight when I can't do that comfortably. Good luck to you! I did some practicing with putting down the utensil between bites and waiting a full minute to pick it back up again. That was so hard for me -- and of course that isn't what I do on a regular basis but it showed me what slow really means. Best wishes and congratulations on your excellent weight loss. I am very happy with my band and with the pounds off I will never see again but mostly I'm really happy with my new approach to life -- not being obsessed with food, really getting into exercise, etc. For me, that has made a tremendous difference. If any one had told me I'd be exercising like I am now I would have laughed in their face. But I just kept faking it 'til I made it -- and now I really do enjoy it. Incredible!

I had to do a lot of behavior modification as I was a real shoveler -- ate too much and too fast. So now I use a small utensil and I chew, chew, chew. I go slowly and can tell when my body is telling me that I need to go even slower or stop altogether. My goal is to be able to eat dense Protein -- like salmon, etc. and broccoli. I can tell if I'm too tight when I can't do that comfortably. Good luck to you! I did some practicing with putting down the utensil between bites and waiting a full minute to pick it back up again. That was so hard for me -- and of course that isn't what I do on a regular basis but it showed me what slow really means. Best wishes and congratulations on your excellent weight loss. I am very happy with my band and with the pounds off I will never see again but mostly I'm really happy with my new approach to life -- not being obsessed with food, really getting into exercise, etc. For me, that has made a tremendous difference. If any one had told me I'd be exercising like I am now I would have laughed in their face. But I just kept faking it 'til I made it -- and now I really do enjoy it. Incredible!

Read all of this again because she is 100% right! If you are not too full and are getting stuck and throwing up, YOU are (most likely) the problem, not your food. Smaller bites, slow down between bites. I have been banded for 3 years and still struggle with this! Breads, Pasta, tough meats are especially triggering for stuck episodes for me. Once you realize what makes you get stuck more often, you can try to avoid it so it doesn't happen.

Throwing up too much is not good for your band or your stomach so if you are doing it too much you really need to re-evaluate your eating habits!