Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein supplements?!

I have a question on the Protein supplements everyone uses.

I have been using a whey Protein from costco, but they no longer sell it.

I bought one from Walmart - Body fortress- But it says premium muscle building whey.< /p>

It has the same amount (20g) of whey protein as the rest.

Do you find a difference with the different brands??

What do you prefer??

TIA,

~Donna

I use a brand that is more expensive but packs 25-40 grams of Protein per drink. Lean Body by Labrada Labs. I think you can buy it at Walmart or GNC. I look for the best price online. High sodium, so you don't want to drink too many each day, but the taste is incredible. Tastes like melted ice cream! Cookies and cream is my favorite. Lean Body also has more essential Vitamins and minerals than I've seen in any other brand.

i am a die hard Muscle MIlk Lite drinker (pre-mixed) and Quest bar eater. i have tried a LOT of the Protein options out there, these two are about the only ones i really care for at all.

i saw at wal-greens the other day they had these little packs of gummies that are Protein but i didn't buy them because i have been so finicky about my Proteins i was afraid i wouldn't like them!

I love those Quest bars...they taste just like candy bars. I haven't tried Muscle Milk yet. I'm stuck on Lean Body because of the great taste. I'll have to sample some Muscle Milk. I did end up buying a Protein supplement in capsule form, so we'll just see what happens. Also bought beef liver pills for Protein and Iron. That will be interesting too.

i am a die hard Muscle MIlk Lite drinker (pre-mixed) and Quest bar eater. i have tried a LOT of the protein options out there, these two are about the only ones i really care for at all.

i saw at wal-greens the other day they had these little packs of gummies that are protein but i didn't buy them because i have been so finicky about my Proteins i was afraid i wouldn't like them!

Good topic, I was debating whether I would start one like it myself.

I bought the Lean Body premixed in bulk just before mysurgery - I liked the flavor just slightly less than the Muscle Milk but they had the Lean Body on sale. I found after surgery that though I can stomach the flavor (not as yummy as before but not gross, either), the consistency or SOMEthing makes it nearly impossible for me to swallow more than about 1/4 of a container of it at a time... I bought lots of Protein powder single serving samples at the local Vitamin store but didn't much like any of them enough... and I discovered that making Protein shakes, and drinking Protein shakes... just wasn't something I was looking for.

One of the samples was for a flavorless protein supplement that was ok but still make a major change to the texture of the drink which I didn't care for.

Somewhere I found a link for MuscleGen Research's GENEPRO Protein Powder which is advertised as adding 30g of protein in a single tablespoon and that it doesn't change the flavor or texture of anything you add to it, so supposedly you could add it to coffee, sodas, food, whatever. I thought about it for a couple weeks then ultimately bought it from Amazon (saved me the hefty shipping charge) and it came a few days ago. I've just started adding one tablespoon to my 28oz shaker/bottle/drink container for the last 3 days and although there is a tiny bit of clumping, and a noticeable head of foam right after shaking, it really doesn't change the flavor of my crystal light, coffee, or Water in any way. Which is what I was looking for.

I can also report (although I cannot knowledge-ably claim a causal relationship between the GENEPRO and the loss) i broke my stall of almost 6 weeks in the last 2 days, which I am happy about. upping my protein was something I thought about for a long while but since I was over 60g everyday already didn't think was a necessity. If adding the 30g is what got the scale to move, I won't complain!

fyi: http://smile.amazon.com/Musclegen-Research-Genepro-Genetic-Tri-Protein/dp/B00K6OSDYA/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1410996551&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=genepro

I just ordered. Over 20 samples from Nashua Nutrition so I have a chance to try a wide variety of brands and flavors after surgery. They are under $2 each and Nashua does sell samples of almost every brand and flavor they sell. I think we all have such different taste and thickness preferences that it is hard to know how well you will like something before you taste it.

I am having trouble getting to my Protein quota set by my doctor; at least 75-85 grams per day. I have been mixing Protein Powder with Protein drinks just to get more in the mornings...but, boy oh boy, the calories add up. My morning routine comes to about 516 calories. That's one serving of Chobani yogurt with 1 packet of unflavored Protein power and one Lean Body Protein shake with one packet of unflavored protein powder. Those three items add up to more than half of the 800 calories I've been trying to stick to as advised for these first few months. I also take a handful of Vitamins which must be worth at least 5-10 calories each.

Wondering if anyone knows anything about GENEPRO Genetic Tri-Protein Peptide. It says it contains 30 grams of protein (instanized peptide whey, hydrolyzed whey, and genetic hexapeptide protein).

Is this the kind of protein I want and need? One thing nice is that the serving size (one scoop) is much smaller than the packets like powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury or Jarrrow Formulas, which I have been using. Plus it's only got 15mg of sodium. But is it the "right kind" of protein????

Thanks to anyone who can whey in on this topic :)

<snip>Wondering if anyone knows anything about GENEPRO Genetic Tri-Protein Peptide. It says it contains 30 grams of Protein (instanized peptide whey, hydrolyzed whey, and genetic hexapeptide protein).

Is this the kind of protein I want and need? One thing nice is that the serving size (one scoop) is much smaller than the packets like unjury or Jarrrow Formulas, which I have been using. Plus it's only got 15mg of sodium. But is it the "right kind" of protein???? <snip>

I just bought some of the GENEPRO two weeks ago and I love it. I've been adding it to my liquids (iced tea, crystal light, etc.) and so far it goes great with everything. That said, I'm not a doctor so can't tell you if its the right or wrong kind of protein. I honestly don't think there is a wrong kind of protein but that's me.

Mixes well? check

Flavorless? check

small portion size? check

can double up portions? check

doesn't change texture of your liquid? check

Not sure what else you're looking for, but it suits me just fine.

I'm totally with you...love it. Your criteria is pretty much the same as mine. I just don't have a clue what genetic tri-Protein peptide is. I'm going to keep using it because of all the things you mentioned. My favorite is the small portion size!!! today was my first day using it, so I'll just go on until I run out and see how it affects me.

I just bought some of the GENEPRO two weeks ago and I love it. I've been adding it to my liquids (iced tea, crystal light, etc.) and so far it goes great with everything. That said, I'm not a doctor so can't tell you if its the right or wrong kind of Protein. I honestly don't think there is a wrong kind of protein but that's me.

Mixes well? check

Flavorless? check

small portion size? check

can double up portions? check

doesn't change texture of your liquid? check

Not sure what else you're looking for, but it suits me just fine.

I'm totally with you...love it. Your criteria is pretty much the same as mine. I just don't have a clue what genetic tri-Protein peptide is. I'm going to keep using it because of all the things you mentioned. My favorite is the small portion size!!! today was my first day using it, so I'll just go on until I run out and see how it affects me.

honestly, I think it's just scientific gobbledy - trying to make something about the science of how they make it into a unique quality that other Protein powders supposedly don't have. I take it as marketing and I dont feel I need to understand thequantum mechanics of protein powders. I'm glad you like it too... I'm happy in all but thequantity/price because I thought it was pretty expensive for just 30 servings.

I drink a Premier Protein rtd shake from costco every morning ( I like the choc and add instant coffee crystals to make a nice mocha) 160 cals. 30 gms of Protein. I also like Unjury protein (amazon) 100 cals. 21 gms of protein ( chicken Soup is pretty darn tasty. Especially if you get sick of sweets like I do) . Isopure apple melon has 50 gms of protein in 210 cals. And at the end of the day if I am still short (100 gms a day goal ) then I have New Whey protein tube. Walmart carries them 160 cals and 42 gms in 3 oz. not the best tasting (watermelon and acai are the best to me) but in a pinch chug it and be done.

I have lost 160# post sleeve .. I like premier Protein from costco. Low carb, high Protein. I also like nectar Syntrax powder but it does not satiate. ..

I used to buy Quest Protein Bars. ..but my NUT helped me realize they were an issue for me...they fed my carb addiction.