Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LapBand-friendly fast food (don't judge me!)

I rely on fast food for lunch breaks and sometimes for Breakfast. Occasionally dinner. That habit isn't likely to significantly change. What must change are the food choices from those places.

I've made these band friendly choices so far:

Wendy's chili

Subway chopped salads

Not so good for weight loss so saying buh-bye for now (saying buh-bye forever is too sad):

Popeye's chicken strips (fried)

Starbucks mozzarella and Tomato panini (carb-y)

I know I am not alone. Many of us rely on takeout for our meals. What are your band friendly choices?

I like the Wendy's Chili, too. And I will go to Moe's and get a burrito bowl. Yummy.

I like the Wendy's Chili, too. And I will go to Moe's and get a burrito bowl. Yummy.

No Moe's near me but Chipotle does those. Good idea.

If im desperate, McDonald's bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken, about 400calories, but I can only eat the small amount of chicken and a little salad and dressing so around 250 cals. Burger Kings jr whopper, I get about 3 small bites with the bun, 3 small bites without the bun and 3-4 fries, done. Taco Time small taco salad with sour cream on the side, mmmmmmm.

Someone said that Chick-Filet has some great Soups, especially the tortilla chicken?

Someone said that Chick-Filet has some great Soups, especially the tortilla chicken?

Soups are always a good go-to meal. Buona Beef has a great Soup. Subway has soup too.

Wonder what a Subway salad with double meat costs? They also have a lite version of their Italian vinaigrette.

I enjoy Wendy's chili but more often than not I really try to make the go to fast food some sashimi. Think sushi no rice

I enjoy Wendy's chili but more often than not I really try to make the go to fast food some sashimi. Think sushi no rice

Not usually a food coward, but I can't bring myself to try sushi or sashimi. I know, I know.

Chick-fil-A has great grilled chicken nuggets.

Thank you for this post ! In real life there are times you eat fast food....

I rely on fast food for lunch breaks and sometimes for Breakfast. Occasionally dinner. That habit isn't likely to significantly change. What must change are the food choices from those places.

I've made these band friendly choices so far:

Wendy's chili

Subway chopped salads

Not so good for weight loss so saying buh-bye for now (saying buh-bye forever is too sad):

Popeye's chicken strips (fried)

Starbucks mozzarella and Tomato panini (carb-y)

I know I am not alone. Many of us rely on takeout for our meals. What are your band friendly choices?

Sounds perfectly normal to me....

I don't eat bread or similar products anymore, and I lost my taste for salads....but I would dip the chicken strips into the chili...

For ME, this is not another diet....it is a lifestyle change.....it's not about what I eat everyday, (well a little) but is is more about how much I eat everyday....and that is a 1/10th of what I used to eat....

I was fat because I ate enough to feed an entire family, and was a coach potato.....I am now skinny and fit because I eat what a normal person should eat, and I exercise regularly....

This surgery will change your life...

I agree that chick fila has great grilled nuggets. I have 4 cc's in my band and I will get the kid's meal with 4 nuggets and it fills me right up.

Also if I get salads from anywhere I will ask that fried chicken be replaced with grilled. Slight changes like that are a great benefit.

I've also crave healthier foods! Not sure if that's just in my head though lol

I forgot about the Chick Fil A grilled nuggets! I get the kids 4-count meal and it makes me happy! After this conversation yesterday I had to go to Moes and get that burrito bowl...yummy stuff!

Panda Express has a great grilled chicken terryiaki. I just get the terryiaki sauce on the side.