Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Diet a Question

Ok Guys...so I'm on day 4 of a 2-week liquid diet. I'm doing ok now...but the first 2-3 days sucked like a Hoover!!!

I want to know what you guys consumed while on the liquid diet and how long you were on your liquid diet. I'm a bit nervous about having something I shouldn't. I've mostly consume 3-4 shakes a day; 80-90 ounces of water; 16-24 oz zero carb green tea; sugar free jello; Popsicles.

I was excited that Surgeon said I could have a grilled chicken breast with some veggies on Friday/Saturday. Feels like a Christmas gift. I feel sort of like I'm cheating...but he said it was ok.

Help me out Bros.

Pretty much what you listed but I also bought the Unjury chicken Soup.< /p>

Did u have to do diet for 2 weeks? Could you ever eat? My wife found some people still had a Protein and a veggie at dinner, and did the diet throughout the day.

I'm gonna stick to the routine...but since Surgeon gave me a Fri/Sat dinner gift..just trying to see how it was for everyone else.

You're lucky....i cant have ANY solid food.. ALL liquids and i can only have two Protein Shakes a day.. .unlimited Jello and popsicles (sugar free of course) and i can have a serving of yogurt, cottage cheese or milk up to three times a day and that's it for ten days. I started my diet today my surgery is on the 15th! Good luck!

The NUT said no liquids. It wasn't until I talked to my surgeon about how to make it through two weeks of liquid diet...that's when he told me to have a grilled chicken breast & veggies on Fri/Sat to help me out. He said I would still lose weight just fine.

Did u have to do diet for 2 weeks? Could you ever eat? My wife found some people still had a Protein and a veggie at dinner, and did the diet throughout the day.

I'm gonna stick to the routine...but since Surgeon gave me a Fri/Sat dinner gift..just trying to see how it was for everyone else.

I tried for the 10 days prior to surgery ... failed at it though. It is much easier to change your lifestyle after the surgery.

Mine started 2 wks before. For the first week I could have 3 Protein Shakes a day and a small chicken breast and veggies. The 2nd week for the first few days I had to be on a liquid diet.. I lived on Soup, Protein shakes, Gatorade, and really thin cream of wheat. Then I had to do the laxative (Ughh!) and then Clear Liquids after that, 3 days pre surgery. I had sugar free Popsicles and Jello, (as many as I wanted), broth, and apple juice. It was a killer, but totally worth it! Stick in there!!

Yeah my surgeon refuses to do the surgery if you don't strictly follow the diet....he said he would be able to tell once he gets in there...im having the RNY...not sure how true that is...but he said he would stitch me back up and not do it if o couldn't even follow the ten day diet

Yeah my surgeon refuses to do the surgery if you don't strictly follow the diet....he said he would be able to tell once he gets in there...im having the RNY...not sure how true that is...but he said he would stitch me back up and not do it if o couldn't even follow the ten day diet

Most of WLS patients have a last weigh in with the doctor before surgery to check if the prescribed amount of weight you were asked to lose was, in fact lost. Your doctor would stitch you back up and not do the surgery? Why not have a last appointment and weigh in with the patient like most weight loss surgeons do?

I did my 6 month weight loss...i was required by my insurance to maintain not lose....i don't see him again until the morning of surgery....he's a great surgeon just very strict

I lost at each appointment but my insurance didn't require it....he is more worried i guess about the liver shrinking? Idk....i just do what im told so i can get this over with lol

my 3 week pre-op diet was much more open. super low carb, high protien, low calorie. 24 hour before surgery was all liquids. I am 2 days post -op now trying to get all my liquids in is hard right now. set my timer to go off every 15 minutes.

for what its worth my surgeon said my liver was small and squishy (her words) and that I was a breeze to operate on.

best of luck to you.

How was the surgery Rovobay??? I'm six days post op. Thought it was pretty straight forward. My truck decided to break down on the way there. (Yes, didn't expect to arrive @ ER in a tow truck...but wife says it's also a story with me! Lol!). I got up and walked twice night of surgery, and tried to enjoy the ice chips. Wish someone would've earned me about the Catheter! It was my first surgery...and hopefully last catheter if I can help it!!!

Crazy battle with hiccups, but otherwise things went well. Finding out how good the pain meds actually are. Will be requesting a refill because still have pain getting up and down and especially bending down.

Overall, mostly about what I expected.

Big boy I had a battle with hiccups too omg they were awful

Yep, they sucked. Definitely something to be aware of before surgery! Thankfully no post op hiccups for me