Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Get A load of this!

This is supported by other threads here but so well said. Basically it says, your gut microbes control your hunger for their own good, but not necessarily yours.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/831069?src=wnl_edit_tpal&uac=204266DY

I don't remember if I needed to join this free medical research site or not to see this file... I love this site and get lots of interesting research results from several areas of interest.. including weight gain and WL surgery....

Medscape is a pretty good resource. They have one on there by David Johnson, a GI, about how he treats after surgery bariatric patients.

When I clicked the link it asked for a password. I've been drinking Kombacha--tastes a little like vinegar but I don't mind the flavor. Since I started drinking 1/2 a bottle a day my Constipation has been gone and I feel like my mood is better. Maybe that's psychosomatic--I don't know.

Blessings,

Kathleen

Fermented foods are supposed to be really good for the "biome" pickles, sauerkraut, vinegar, and lot of different fibers. I have found a bottled fruit, chia Kombucha drink at Whole Foods, when I have the $$$ I buy couple of bottles. Its really yummy.

You may have to join the site, and form a password. It is really easy to use now, they send me a link every week to topics of interest to me. I don't have to sign in... I must have checked off to stay signed in.

Oh good to know, I have been eating kimchi and worried if it's good or bad lol Thanks.

Fermented foods are supposed to be really good for the "biome" pickles, sauerkraut, vinegar, and lot of different fibers. I have found a bottled fruit, chia Kombucha drink at Whole Foods, when I have the $$$ I buy couple of bottles. Its really yummy.

You may have to join the site, and form a password. It is really easy to use now, they send me a link every week to topics of interest to me. I don't have to sign in... I must have checked off to stay signed in.

I registered with the site and the article IS fascinating. I know at the height of my food addiction to carbohydrates, I felt more depressed. Cutting them out of my diet seemed to lessen my depression. I experienced that pre-WLS when I attempted the Atkins Diet. I sent the article to several friends who know of my WLS and are in the medical field or collegues.

Blessings,

Kathleen

I'm going to definitely look into this more. For the past maybe 3 weeks my appetite has been raging. I've felt possessed. I mostly deny these cravings, and I'm not so fun to be around. The hunger pangs are painful.

My husband thinks it's because I've increased my workout routines and started jogging daily. I'm thinking now gut bacteria could be playing a large part. I don't know the first thing about creating a symbiotic gut environment..

I just did a quick search and already think this could be it. When I do cave from a hunger attack, my go to has been greek yogurt and a teaspoon of chocolate chips.

I think this may be the same article, from a site that doesn't require a password. It's a PDF, 414 kb.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1002/bies.201400071/asset/bies201400071.pdf?v=1&t=hzxncpc31743f53f

FYE, please confirm it's the same article.

Great reading. I'm definitely keeping the daily Greek yogurt and I'll be adding some pickled foods.

Lynda

I think this may be the same article, from a site that doesn't require a password. It's a PDF, 414 kb.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1002/bies.201400071/asset/bies201400071.pdf?v=1&t=hzxncpc31743f53f

FYE, please confirm it's the same article.

Great reading. I'm definitely keeping the daily Greek yogurt and I'll be adding some pickled foods.

Lynda

Lynda, that link gave me a forbidden message! :D this area of research is huge right now... you can find all kinds of interesting research going on....

Edited by feedyoureye

OK, try this link:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bies.201400071/abstract

You can click PDF to view and downlaod the PDF report or view it as HTML or enhanced HTML.

Hope it is the same one.

Lynda