Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept 29th Surgery in Buffalo NY

Hello all... Im new to the forum. I have been researching WLS for about 8 years and finally made the decision to have the Sleeve in February. My surgeon is Dr Cavaretta from Synergy Bariatrics in Buffalo. I am excited, nervous, terrified.... but I know I am making the right decision. I turn 30 a week after my surgery, so I keep joking next year I'll have to have a 30+1 party to Celebrate since I wont be up to celebrating at all this year... I have a few questions...

Anyone from the Buffalo/WNY area that wants a surgery buddy?

I have major texture issues... can anyone recommend a good pre and post op Protein Shake that isnt too gritty?

My biggest "fear" for surgery is having a bladder catheter... did anyone have one? I know they want you mobile and walking so Im hoping I wont have one... thanks for any insight!!

Hello all... Im new to the forum. I have been researching WLS for about 8 years and finally made the decision to have the Sleeve in February. My surgeon is Dr Cavaretta from Synergy Bariatrics in Buffalo. I am excited, nervous, terrified.... but I know I am making the right decision. I turn 30 a week after my surgery, so I keep joking next year I'll have to have a 30+1 party to Celebrate since I wont be up to celebrating at all this year... I have a few questions... Anyone from the Buffalo/WNY area that wants a surgery buddy? I have major texture issues... can anyone recommend a good pre and post op Protein Shake that isnt too gritty? My biggest "fear" for surgery is having a bladder catheter... did anyone have one? I know they want you mobile and walking so Im hoping I wont have one... thanks for any insight!!

I am from buffalo too! I just completed all my pre surgery requirements an waiting for ins approval. I am looking mid-OCT I think. My dr is Dr. Pham. I don't know too much about the protien shakes. And I have never heard anyone having a catheter after surgery.

I am from buffalo too! I just completed all my pre surgery requirements an waiting for ins approval. I am looking mid-OCT I think. My dr is Dr. Pham. I don't know too much about the protien shakes. And I have never heard anyone having a catheter after surgery.

I looked in to using Dr Pham's office and heard wonderful things about him. Synergy got me in faster and I knew people who had uses them. Good luck!! :)

My surgeon is Dr. Caruanna with Synergy. My surgery is scheduled for October 8th. I know a bunch of people who have used Synergy with no issues.

My surgeon is Dr. Caruanna with Synergy. My surgery is scheduled for October 8th. I know a bunch of people who have used Synergy with no issues.

Congratulations on your surgery date! Thats the day after my 30th birthday... still will be recovering.. no partying this year lol when is your pre op workshop? I go sept 10th.

I go the week after, 9/17. I feel like the next few weeks are going to take forever!

did you try any Protein Shakes yet? i got the variety pack from Bariatric Fusion. tonight i tried strawberry and mint. gross!! the mint was slightly more dealable then the strawberry.

I have been doing alot of research on the Protein shakea due to my texture issues... found a website called mybariatricpantry.com and found a brand called nectar. They have a sample pack I ordered to try...hoping I get them and can try them before my workshop so I can ask if I can use them instead. All the reviews state it dissolves like Crystal Light so I think I will tolerate it better. Plus you can mix it and freeze it in cups or as popsicles so you can trick yourself that you're eating lol. Fingers crossed! Will keep you updated...

i've heard from a few people that the nectar is much tastier - i haven't tried it myself. it would be great to have that as an option instead of these other shakes.

I will definitely let you know how they turn out and what they say when I ask about it at my workshop. I figure, there are so many different products out there and everyone is different. As long as I do them and not eat solid foods, I should be golden :)

How did it go today?

How did it go today?

Thongs went well!! I finally got to meet some fellow patients that are having surgery the same day... we were shown some exercises with a resistance band and then went through some nutrition packets... similar to what Ann Marie did but I think its to make sure you understand everything. And we could ask any questions we had. Im assuming you are a sleeve patient, so we will not have any drains or catheters... just our IV... everyone gets at least one heparin shot in the hospital to prevent clotting but the more you move the less its necessary. Lasted just over an hour... then I went to Pine Pharmacy and bought fusion for the pre op. They want us to us it because its not just Protein but a full meal replacement... so ill save my nectar for post op. Are you getting excited??