Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm bipolar ... if there's anyone out there that could tell me how to take my meds

I talked to my psy dr and he said the only med I would need to cut back on is the Ritalin .... but how did anyone take them ... crushed...melted?

I know I need to make another appt with my dr to get more answers but just thought maybe I could get more info on what to ask about....

I have bipolar and anxiety. I took my meds like normal from day 2 or 3 after my surgery. No crushing or anything per dr's orders. I did find some of my meds didn't absorb as well so some of my doses needed adjusted up.

I have bipolar and anxiety. I took my meds like normal from day 2 or 3 after my surgery. No crushing or anything per dr's orders. I did find some of my meds didn't absorb as well so some of my doses needed adjusted up.

I too am bipolar and take my meds in the morning for that. One pill down wait 10 minutes take another. You can take them with applesauce too if they are hard to get down. And some can be pretty good size. Just make sure they go down vertically or they will get stuck. Lol. Take care and good luck to you.

Thanks Everyone ... its good to know that there are others out there with some of the same issues and can offer some advise .... I hope I can return some help to others when they need it

I take Lexapro for an anxiety order every day. Are you given this medication during the overnight stay in the hospital? Anyone who has had this surgery and takes this type of medication, could you please help with this answer.

Take lexapro... I took it the morning of surgery...and all the days since... I am five days out. You don't want to stop that abruptly and they know that. I also take lorazepam as needed and took that when'I got home from the hospital and I am not crushing my pills just swallowing. Hope this helps.... Alyce

I took my am dose the morning of surgery and skipped my two night time meds and they brought me my morning dose the next day. I went home and resumed all meds swallowing whole with no issue.

I take Effexor am and seroquel and remeron pm.

I have not needed any adjustments. My psychiatrist is pleased with my decision and the progress I have made.

I take a handful and did so (broke into pieces) whole 2 weeks out. I take lamictal Prozac Xanax and seroquel and seroquel is huge. All down the hatch together. Has anyone's dosage been adjusted to their weightloss?

I talked to my psy dr and he said the only med I would need to cut back on is the Ritalin .... but how did anyone take them ... crushed...melted? I know I need to make another appt with my dr to get more answers but just thought maybe I could get more info on what to ask about....

I'm on Zoloft and my doc said I could break them in half and take them the day after surgery. As long as it is as small or smaller than a baby aspirin and you should be ok.

**im not a dr but I watched ER** lol

Those of you on seroquel, did you skip a dose or just break it in two?? That's my biggest pill I take it at night and can't cold turkey it. Can I take it right after surgery? I'm scheduled for Dec 2 and my meds are my biggest worry cause I'm stable.

Those of you on seroquel, did you skip a dose or just break it in two?? That's my biggest pill I take it at night and can't cold turkey it. Can I take it right after surgery? I'm scheduled for Dec 2 and my meds are my biggest worry cause I'm stable.

I take seroquel plus two others. I was able to take my morning medicine the morning of surgery. I got nothing the night after surgery. But didn't need it. They brought in my morning dose in the am and I was discharged that afternoon.

I was so lucky that I had no issues swallowing. It did not make me full. So I could take one at a time all in a row. I can now swallow my 4 morning capsules at once and the two night ones including the seroquel.

My psychiatrist was very adamant that I take my full dosages.

I would recommend having the pill cutter ready just in case.

I take 400 mg of Seroquel, 2 mg xanax (that's the absolute worst thing to swallow) Prozac and lamictal. The sq I broke in half at first because they are so hard a crusher wouldn't work. I take them all now at once. Have since a it a month n a half out. I was worried because I was also stable. The surgeon wouldn't do the surgery if you were not able to take life saving meds. And we all know as bp's they ARE a lifesaver.