Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did a search here and everyone complains about gas right after surgery. I want to ask about gas a couple of months out after surgery. What do you do? Luckily I live alone so that's not an issue...but what will I do when I start work?! It's gross. And this is TMI but it's like all day!! Never happened before the surgery, and now it's like I can participate in a farting competition :(

Any suggestions?!

Please help :S

For me it's the constant burping!! OMG! All day long. I am 6 weeks post op. Constant gurgling and burping all day long. Gurgling at night when I'm in bed. It's a big issue for me. So frustrating!! I just want the gurgling to stop. The burps I can deal with.

Totally understand the gas problem! But at least they don't stink! Or at least that has been my ordeal, since I can hardly eat! But this problem is very annoying and different than the gas I had before surgery. I am at 9 weeks.

I can't leave the room because I'm teaching lol Gas x doesn't help too much...and they do sometimes smell :x I burp as well as a signal to stop but it's not too bad

I am about one month in and some weeks. I still have a problem with gas. It's not as bad as it was after my surgery but it can be annoying. It fills up in my stomach in the middle of the day when I am work and I have a hard time even wanting to eat the rest of the day. I wish it won't be so bad as time goes on. Also I am constantly passing through which I had sometimes or I am burping.

I haven't been able to figure out what's causing it for me. I've just started the gas-x tabs. They seem to be helping.

I'm well over a year out and it's been going on for a while now.

I am six months out and still have a TON of gas..not sure why...it does seem to be lessening some, but it can get really bad...not really anything works...the gas x strips do nothing, they only helped with the gas int he hospital and right after, burping etc.....but the gas at the other end, nothing helps...I figure its best to get it out...it's a natural body process, gross as it can be....learning to live with it....at least I fit in the my BF and his son (gassy dudes LOL) and my dog is worse than all of ours put together! lol

Good luck!

Lol!!! I haven't had my surgery yet (probably will be early January - I'll find out on Tuesday) but I'm really glad I read this thread because up until now I have always thought it would only be an issue during the first week or so. Ugh! One more thing to deal with...thanks for the heads up.