Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

regain dream?

last night i dreamed i gained all my weight back.

i am Facebook friends with a woman from my local support group. i havent seen her since december. she posted some photos of herself this week and omg! she's gained back a lot of weight! it freaked me out... but not as much a another friend who had surgery at the same time and was closer to her.

but i guess it affected me more than i thought. :(

I have dreamed I could fly like a bird.......doesn't mean it's ever gonna happen. Relax. B)

Just curious.....how far out is your friend? I am almost 3 years out, reached goal, but have gained 5 lbs.....having a hard time losing it...but the honest truth is I'm not trying super hard as we have a lot of company. But I do know if I don't watch it, I will gain more. Pick a number that you will refuse to NOT go past and be diligent when you hit that number....if you wait until you are 5 or 10 pounds past that number, you will get very discouraged.

I did like the bird analogy.....and she's right. Last night I dreamed there was a dead man in my bath tub....the likely hood of that happening is pretty small!

dreamed gained all my weight back.

@@moonlitestarbrite

that must have been awful - thinking you regained the weight in a nightmare

i've had those horrible thoughts on ocassion but they were always in the day, when i could dwell on it more :angry:

Starr Jones (from the show the view) was so successful with her surgery, looked great - i saw her on the tube and she had totally regained

Al roker the weatherman also regained some - but i think he either took it back off

Carny Wilson also took the weight off looking great - regained after she was pregnant

this is very scary, seeing people gain the weight back

but it keeps me on my toes that this is a forever new lifestyle

we must ALWAYS watch our food intake, Protein etc.

i think it is ok to "worry" a bit, concentrate on what we must do

otherwise we might get lax and do the regain bit

not gonna happen to you or me!!! (as long as we follow the rules :) )

you have lost 87.5 lbs :rolleyes:

that is wonderful

keep up the good work :)

sweet dreams :rolleyes:

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

queen! a dead man in your bathtub? I YI YI!

my conscious mind is a little afraid... my unconscious mind must be more anxious about it!

the woman from my support group is like 2.5 years post op. my other friend said... "she must be really hurting." i agree. she must have something going on that she is trying to cope with. :(

al roaker is looking good! he did regain, but got it together and is doing very well now.

It is scary seeing those that regain. So far, I've been able to use that to stay motivated to watch what I eat and weigh daily. I know if I didn't, weight would fly back on. I'm still scared of that at almost 3.5 years out.

I haven't dreamed I gained all the weight back. I used to dream I was eating tons of bad food and in the dream I felt so anxious but I couldn't stop eating. Thank goodness I haven't had that dream in awhile.

Lynda