Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am day 3 of all liquids and now wondering if I am making a mistake. I never realized what a huge part of our culture food is.... Ads, restaurants... Everywhere! Still 11 days to go... Then I'll be on mush for a month, then teeny bites of food for the rest of my life. I hate being fat! So why can't I go run 5 miles like other people to lose weight? What's wrong with me? I have been so gung ho about this. Now I feel unsure and very tired...

Jpc I truly know what ur going thru I'm on day 4 I would lie if I said I hadn't cheated . They will bash u for that on here. I only have 4 more days I'm going to do this . U can do this !! Just know u aren't the only one who's starving lol. No one perfect . But aleast that small meal u eat will make u feel like u eaten a big plate . Again u can do this !!

I felt the EXACT same way a few days into my pre-op diet. It is sooooooo hard. I'm now just finishing day 13 with two days left (surgery Monday!) and I am still second-guessing this decision every single day. I was very confident in my choice before the pre-op, but I think the pre-op just really messes with your brain. You feel so crappy and miserable and wonder if you will ever feel "normal" again. Everyone reassures me that I WILL feel normal again one day, or at least a "new normal". I hope they're right, because there is no backing down now! Just know you are not alone.

Thank you, Sylvia... I'm just mad at myself for being in this position. I don't have any plans to back out but I'm getting a real lesson on self control and ending my relationship with comfort via food. I knew it would not be easy. But this must be kind of what a drug addict going through withdrawal feels like....

Thank you, Jamie. I know you must be right. This just feels so weird. But I guess we all face life changes and this is yet another one we will look back on one day and say "That wasn't so bad!". At least I hope so. Prayers for you on Monday!

The pre-op is so difficult. Actually it is torturous. It is pretty much a semi starvation diet. I am four days in and today I was starving, so I ate 3 pieces of baked fish/protein instead of the four ounces I should have had.

I don't miss the sweets, the junk food. I am just so hungry and today it caught up with me. You can do it. We can do it. Keep trying.

First to all the above congrats on your choice to be healthy, but I can tell you it is so worth it, stay focus take one day at a time you can do this . Good luck to you all.

I posted this information on another comment, maybe this will help. The stomach sits under the liver. The liver has to be moved to have the surgery, hence the pre-op diet. The pre-op shrinks the liver and makes the surgery easier to do. My niece had the lap band and her liver was nicked, not bad and she is fine.

I feel the same way and I haven't even started my 2 week liquid only diet. I know that if I don't do this I will continue to be unhappy, uncomfortable and unhealthy. I have to keep reminding myself this. I also made a pro list to read that helps when I'm having doubts. Best wishes to you!!