Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is everyones diet?

After about 40 days of dieting (2 weeks pre surgery and 26 after surgery) i am in my second stall. I am down a total of 48 lbs, 21lbs pre and the rest after. I am super fustrated. I go thru days at a time without movement.

My regular diet is simple:

Breakfast 2 egg white, cheese, protien shake

lunch 3 ounces of meat. chicken, fish,

snack 3 ounces of Hummus

dinner 3-4 ounces of meat, chicken, fish, turkey

Snack sf ice pops, sf Jello, or cottage cheese.

Overall i stay between 700-1000 calories a day. Some days are lower but never more then that. I get about 70 or so protien and drink about 50-60 fluids a day.

I know i should be happy with the 48 lbs and i am happy. But this stall again is fustrating.

Any tip, hints, opinions or advice would be much appreciated.

You have lost about 27 lbs post surgery over the past 40 days...you are doing great! I would suggest adding healthy carbs and veggies. You are getting Protein but still need a balanced diet that includes veggies and healthy carbs to lose weight. Walk walk walk or if you are up to it 45 min cardio.

I am 1 month out of surgery. My doctor did it differently then most. I was on puree the day i came home, 1 day in hospital. Then 2 weeks out i was on soft foods. And now i was giving the green light to normal foods. I asked about it and he was like its ok everyone is different and this is how i do it.

Very true, everyone is different. There is no way I could eat that much yet and I am still not eating beer. I have been at a stand still as well. Are you working out everyday?

I have always questioned my doctors choice, but what do i know lol. I always read about others not being able to eat more then a few spoon fulls. I have never tried to over eat yet but i feel like i could eat a full meal. I am very nervous about that. I dont feel full. I dont know. I work long days so i dont have time to hit the gym. I work in an office so i dont get much exercise but i do make it a point to spend my lunch walking the building.

What kind of routine do you have going on?

I do not have a workout routine yet. I have not returned to work and am just focused on healing completely. I have a very demanding job physically and otherwise. I have just started walking regularly. I will be returning to work soon and I know once I do, I will be more than active. Plus my hotel has a good fitness center. Exercise is extremely important, your wait lose will not continue the way you want it to. I know life is busy but you have to find the time, it is very doable. As far as eating goes, I can't really eat more than a 1/4c of food. I get full very easily. I was also told to stay away from beef and pork for a few months.

See what i mean. When i came out of the hospital i was in puree while most people spend 2 more weeks on a liquid diet. Then 10 days out at my first visit i was bumped up to 3-4 oz per meal and i was told that at the month mark i could have "regular" food. I have never pushed myself but i dont have any issues with throwing up or getting full. Maybe it is a mental thing, i dont know.

I need to start incorporating more exercise into my routine. I need to somehow find the time.

When did you get sleeved? How is your losing going? Where you from?

I was sleeved on July 29th. I have lost about 30lbs post-op. I am not a very big person so my weight loss is expected to be slow, I am 200lbs right now. I am from the Chicagoland area.

Yes, I fully agree that everyone's diet is very different per doctor. I am not even following my docs rules because he wanted me on liquids for 8wks....he's crazy! I have not had any problems with throwing up either. Do you drink anything while you eat? I do get full very easily and it is extremely frustrating, not because I want more but because I find myself throwing away a lot of food. This whole journey is an experience!!!

I was sleeved on July 29th. I have lost about 30lbs post-op. I am not a very big person so my weight loss is expected to be slow, I am 200lbs right now. I am from the Chicagoland area. Yes, I fully agree that everyone's diet is very different per doctor. I am not even following my docs rules because he wanted me on liquids for 8wks....he's crazy! I have not had any problems with throwing up either. Do you drink anything while you eat? I do get full very easily and it is extremely frustrating, not because I want more but because I find myself throwing away a lot of food. This whole journey is an experience!!!

u can say that again. I start purée tomorrow had surgery on 8/20. Afraid to gain weight wen I start purées. Lost 17lbs since but don't know exactly how this sleeve really works in losing the weight. I would like to lose 40 more #'s. How did u do it. If u don't mind sharing.

The last thing you need to do is worry about gaining weight. The idea of the sleeve is not to starve yourself. You need to learn to eat again to the point where you are eating normal foods. Plus you need all the nutrition you can get or you will get sick. Don't freak out if you stop losing weight for a bit, that is normal and going to happen a few times through this journey. Working out regularly is a must. Experiment with the foods, eat slowly, and if one doesn't agree with you give it a few days and try it again. You may feel frustrated at times...I know I did. Have patience and take it one day at a time.

I'm on Day 3 of Clear liquids. The liquids I chose don't taste like I remember them. chicken broth does not taste like the chicken broth I have had in the past. What happened to my taste buds? Nothing tastes the same. They gave me a liquid meal in the hospital before I left and none of it was edible. I used to love rainbow sherbet, but this sherbet was terrible. I ate nothing. I've still only nibbled on chicken broth and sugar free Jello. I don't have an appetite of any kind. I don't know what that's about.

I'm on Day 3 of Clear Liquids. The liquids I chose don't taste like I remember them. chicken broth does not taste like the chicken broth I have had in the past. What happened to my taste buds? Nothing tastes the same. They gave me a liquid meal in the hospital before I left and none of it was edible. I used to love rainbow sherbet, but this sherbet was terrible. I ate nothing. I've still only nibbled on chicken broth and sugar free Jello. I don't have an appetite of any kind. I don't know what that's about.

That is very normal. It does change the way things taste to you.

Yay!!! Today I transition to purées my tummy is making such loud noises it's not funny. Usually eggs are my favorite but after waiting so long to eat I don't think so. It just doesn't taste the same. I was so excited to b on this stage but now I don't know if I really want to eat. Two bites (wat!!! Yes two bites) and I start to feel that restriction.

After about 40 days of dieting (2 weeks pre surgery and 26 after surgery) i am in my second stall. I am down a total of 48 lbs, 21lbs pre and the rest after. I am super fustrated. I go thru days at a time without movement. <br><br> My regular diet is simple:<br> Breakfast 2 egg white, cheese, protien shake<br> lunch 3 ounces of meat. chicken, fish, <br> snack 3 ounces of Hummus<br> dinner 3-4 ounces of meat, chicken, fish, turkey<br> Snack sf ice pops, sf Jello, or cottage cheese. <br><br> Overall i stay between 700-1000 calories a day. Some days are lower but never more then that. I get about 70 or so protien and drink about 50-60 fluids a day. <br><br> I know i should be happy with the 48 lbs and i am happy. But this stall again is fustrating. <br><br> Any tip, hints, opinions or advice would be much appreciated.

Wow…I am six months out and I CANNOT eat that much. I still can only consume Soup and cottage cheese. I wish I could eat that diet. It hurts to eat and just doesn't fit. I think if you keep up that diet you will lose the healthy way and not lose hair and have energy. It may come off slower, but as long as you feel better that all that matters.