Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on the 26th of august...need encouragement

All I can think about is chewing on a steak. I'm freakin napping and dreaming about food! I'm only 3 days after and I feel like mentally I'm loosing it. I know il eat again and I tell myself that. Anybody have something positive to tell me? How will I be on Tuesday when it's been a week? Lordy the regret is hitting me. Maybe I'm not as strong as I thought I was?

It's normal. Very normal. However, no worries it DOES go away, once your start eating soft foods and feel full immediately and begin to feel better and better and start seeing that scale go down -- and it will before you know it, and your clothes so loose, food -- well bad food will be out of your mind as you will easily be satisfied. Good luck, walk walk walk as that's what helps your gas and bloating.

All I can think about is chewing on a steak. I'm freakin napping and dreaming about food! I'm only 3 days after and I feel like mentally I'm loosing it. I know il eat again and I tell myself that. Anybody have something positive to tell me? How will I be on Tuesday when it's been a week? Lordy the regret is hitting me. Maybe I'm not as strong as I thought I was?

Hang in there girl! You will make it. Focus on doing something, anything. Drink broth and eat popsicles to distract you. Many of us here can tell you that you will be successful in this journey. You will be so thankful, and what you are going through will be a distant memory one day when you are thin and feeling fabulous. Big Hug!

Patience, love. I had those food dreams early on too. Give it a few weeks. You'll be chewing food again soon!

I didn't feel well until Day 7 post op. Now, I'm approaching day 11. I have never felt hungry thank goodness. However, now, I'm itching to get to eat mushy foods. However, take it a day at a time. Read a great book and distract yourself. I spent 1 day just totally reading...the time flew by and I drank a lot of Water that day. Good luck

U have some great advice above! When we had my preop psych class she said the mental part will kick in. Brain is looking for them chemicals upstairs. .do something to distract yourself. Its only for a time we are replacing certain foods to change our lifestyle. On my end, when I reach my goal weight I can add CERTAIN starches back lil by little. Remember ur goal! I'm doing this bc I refused to live in a fat unhealthy achy body any longer!! I lost myself over the past 30 yrs. And guess what!! I'm finding myself again! My surgeon told me if I can make it thru the first month I've got it made!! He's right. It takes 7 wks to change an learn a new behavior. .I have hit 7 wks an I'm feeling amazing an things are seriously taking affect as a normal way now! I had the same thoughts the first 2 wks...first wk I thought wat the heck did I do? Then the 7th day it changed dramatically! After my first postop weigh in I blew them away! I said this is wrking! Trust it..listen an follow ur surgeons protocol. .it works!! I'm down 55 pds an have cleaned out my closet the past 2 days..don't compare to others. Its ur journey. ..everyone is different. I kept telling myself I can do this! Its a lifetime of bad habits an choices we are reprogramming ourselves. . Hang in there!! Its sooooo worth it!!! Come here an ask away anytime. ..best wishes..:)

I had my surgery on 8/25. I am feeling the same way. Lots of pain and huge regrets. I am hungry but don't want shakes, I am sick to death of them. I have been droning two shales a day since May 31st. I have lost 60 pounds and then gained 7 pounds post op. I wish I would have listened to my husband. I didn't have any co morbidities, but they do run in my family so I was afraid if I stayed on the road I was on I would eventually end up with something. I am just beside myself mentally. I hope things change since this surgery is not reversible. Maybe when I get to soft foods things will be better. I am hoping and praying things are better. The worst part is crushing medicine. I gag every single time!

Yea after talking with my friends who has this surgery I'm banking by the 2 week mark when I can change up my diet I will be a little happier lol first 2 weeks are the worse plus I did 2 weeks of liquid diet but did cheat..... We will be skinny, healthy and will eat right after it's so worth it. That's what I'm telling myself.

I am on post op day 5, and today I finally don't feel hungry. If I feel like eating, I sip Water or Crystal Light or my Protein shakes. I finally feel like I'm getting a system down. Meds are still gross to crush, but I am tolerating them better.

I really do miss chewing!!!! Ha ha!

Now I just have to wrap my mind around the exercise.

When my wife cooks beef, I stay in the kitchen and soak up the smell while eating a beef Soup packet made with only 4oz Water. It seems to trick my body and the craving stops.

When I had jaw surgery a few years ago and my tonsils out at 21, I seriously made lists of foods I wanted to eat lol...and then I never even ate most of them. I think it's a mental issue for anyone that can't eat regular foods for awhile. How long were you on liquids and stuff

My surgery was also on the 26th and I can completely relate. I had a lap band removed when the sleeve was done. Happy to have the band gone, but feel like my best friend, food, has moved away. It is great to have a place where people can write in and tell us that we're normal, not nuts! Trying hard to take it day by day. Personally, I need to start finding other things to keep my mind occupied.

Be strong and be encouraged. I also had my surgery August 26. I had a taste for some pizza and then something else. I still have no appetite, nor am I hungry. I am trying to follow the liquid diet and stay hydrated. Yesterday I had a slight fever but used my spirometer and the fever went away. I guess the best thing to do is walk around your home or neighborhood stay hydrated and stay strong. And keep thinking of the overall results.

Denise

Follow your surgeons instructions... Your new tummy will not be healed completely for a while... Are you having Protein Shakes? ? I started having head hunger around day5 after surgery and asked if I could start early and got told sternly NO! Haha the second week will get better when you can finally eat something... My second week consisted of Greek yogurt, mashed potatoes (make them loose or you will get a belly ache) and apple sauce (sugar free or low sugar) An cottage cheese. I made it through the first week munching in sugar free Popsicles!! Every week the first day is like Christmas!! Haha I am almost 4 months out and I haven't had any issues eating anything... Just take it slow because the first few weeks are teaching you a whole new way of eating and thinking about food. It's really worth the wait! You don't want to do anything to hurt your new tummy!! Good luck and much success to you!!

Oh ya and measure measure measure!! I bought little 2oz cups with covers and only ate what fit in them!! Then moved up to 4oz cups!! Get a food scale too...