Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, no, I booked by sending an inquiry to someone on this site, then we emailed from there. I talked to a man....I forget his name. It was a deal with accommodation and surgery included. But they wanted to put me up at a house they had in the city. It was hot. Nobody else was there. I really didn't like it, so I insisted they take me to the hotel. I think there was a Trish I was talking to from a place here. Once I emailed the first time, they were really pushy. In fact, she phoned me and told me that she hoped I wasn't going with dr. Ponce de leon and basically scared the crap out of me. Like I wasn't in good hands, etc. Well, their price was more than twice what I paid by booking directly with Bariatric Pal. And what they did to scare me was nothing short of criminal. It's a cut throat business, and it seems like they will do anything to get you to be their customer. I would recommend you look on this site for the various surgeons and their prices. Dr. Ortiz is also a popular one. Lots of ladies that were at the hotel had their surgery with him. They went through a company called "A Lighter Me". They got a bus ride to and from the airport, the stay in the hotel, and they got a tour around Tijuana on about day 3 post surgery. They all seemed very happy with their service, and they had a nurse right on the floor in the hotel that checked on them daily. I would also recommend that company. And they didn't pay any more than I did. I think we all paid around $4,200 - something like that. The Trish from Regina wanted $10,000. They did offer support after surgery, where I have nothing. But, I just couldn't pay that much. Honestly, if you pick Dr. Ponce or Dr. Ortiz, the rest is just paying for different service. Both of those guys are fine surgeons. I also got a video of my whole surgery. So, besides the staple line in the stomach, I also know that he did the "oversewing" procedure. So, I know that I won't have to worry about a leak. It was pretty cool. But gross too, you know? But seeing it really gave me peace of mind.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!