Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 1 thru 5 Sleevers Wanted

Since we get sleeved next week I thought we should be on separate thread just for us to communicate.

Tell me your story and your date. Then we can support each other thru our sleeve and beyond.

Good luck to everyone !!!

Mine is on Thursday the 4th.

I'm on Sept. 1. Only 4 days left of this pre-op diet!!! Honestly, I'm looking forward to being done with this diet more than I'm looking forward to the surgery at this point. My pre-op consists of three Protein shakes a day, one green salad with calorie-free dressing, and sugar-free Jello or popsicles for Snacks. I honestly haven't done the Jello or popsicles much. I find they just make me hungrier, because my stomach gets all excited thinking I'm getting food and then there turns out to be no calories in them and my stomach is like, "what gives?!?"

I'm fatigued all the time. Not just sleepy, but all my muscles are weak. It's exhausting just to keep my arms up long enough to wash my hair in the morning. I've had to cut my cardio down to every other day and even then, I had to cut it from 50 minutes down to 40.

So surgery on Monday. I am traveling to Tijuana for my surgery, so I fly out to San Diego Sunday afternoon. I'm anxious and just making sure I've done everything on my to-do list and have everything I need on my packing list.

Mine is 2 September, am a bit nervous and hoping it will be the right decision!

Hello! My date is sept 1 and I'm 11 days into my pre op diet!!! It was rough, but honestly after a few days I have more energy than I have had in a long time! Mine only allows 3 shakes a day, sugar free Jello and broth.

I leave tomm for Mexico and can not wait to get this going already!

Look forward to keeping in touch

Who is your surgery with? I'm having mine with Ariel Ortiz at OCC on the first, so I'm heading to Mexico on Sunday.

I can't believe you have MORE energy in this second week that you did before the pre-op. I've had to cut my cardio down to every other day and can only go for 40 minutes instead of 50. Before the pre-op I was doing cardio 5-7 days a week for 50 minutes. Hell, all this week I've barely been able to hold my arms above my head long enough to wash my hair in the morning, I have such muscle fatigue.

I'm getting sleeved on the 3rd. Very excited. Sitting in the waiting room for pre-op now. I do liquids on Monday and Tuesday.

Mine is scheduled for 9/3. Very excited and nervous!!! Started the program here 5/30. I have lost 31 lbs so far and am Starving on this 600 cal a day New Direction food supplements!

Hi, how is everyone doing?

I'm surviving. Wish I could get more Water in. It is SOOOOO hard getting my water in. Before the surgery, I didn't get what everyone was talking about. How hard could it be to drink water? But now I know exactly what they meant!

I didn't see this post earlier and posted a new thread talking about my first week. I thought I'd just copy and paste it here for you guys.

I got my sleeve this past tuesday. Doctor had to repair a hiatal hernia. Truthfuly on Tues, Wed, Thurs. all I could do was think "why did I do this ?" I was scared, all of a sudden I was afraid everytime I took a drink or ate a popsicle. I don't know why , but it was scary. I was scheduled to go home Thurs morning , but early in the morning I had heaves and spasms. I was in tears scared. When the doctor came in he reassured me that it was nothing "unusal" and said he would order me a steroid and put me on a anti nausea and spasm med. He knew I was flustered and said, ' if you would feel more confortable why don't you stay one more night " and I took him up on that. After getting the steroid and starting the other meds things settled down and I began to feel like I just needed a little time to figure out stuff like , how much Water at a time, when to eat what (popsicle, broth or tea) and by Friday morning I was more comfident. By Sat. I was at the store with my hubby getting a few more supplies like some greek yogart, creamed Tomato Soup. We even went to Applebee's where I ordered water with lemon and some Tomato basil Soup. It was heaven to have some warm good flavor. I just want to let anyone know that those first fews days may or may not be ruff, but its only temp. I feel totally in control of this now. I'm on full liquids and satisfied, but am having no nausea, heaving . Its still feels like testing the waters sometimes. Im keeping a log until I get used to knowing exactly what I should put in my mouth next to achieve my goals. I think Im still short on my Protein but its only been a couple of days of figuring things out.

Oh and as of today I am medication free. No problems