Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys, so glad I found this forum!

I'm 3 weeks post-sleeve and have lost a total off 38 pounds, (13 pre-op, 25 since surgery)

I am 33 years old, 6'2" and started at 381.

How much weight did you guys lose each week on average your first few weeks and months? I just want to get realistic when I get on the scale, but I also want to make sure I'm getting the best results possible.

What do you guys eat daily? I'm a little nervous because I feel like I am already eating at the top of my doctor recommendations and worried about old habits, but I'm eating soooooooooooooooo much less than ever before that also feels silly.

I'm drinking one Protein Shake a day and then getting the rest of my Protein from mashed and puréed foods. (yogurt, white fish, tuna, hummus, Beans, eggs)

I'm trying to only eat 3 oz of food in one sitting, but occasionally I get slower to 4, then other times I can only finish 2 (my dog is ecstatic at the amount of extra tuna she gets when I don't finish)

Anyway, any feedback, stats and tips would be great! It's hard to find men who've gone through this!

I am going onto week 10. My usual day ( at work) consists of a mixture of greek yogurt and oatmeal (6 oz), Small fruit snack, home made chili (1/2 cup) have started substituting 200 cal lean cuisines for the chili, Small fruit snack, 4 oz of animal Protein and some veggys for dinner. I also should include 6 servings of half and half with the coffee I drink. This adds up to the 1200 cal range. I am currently down 77 lbs. Weekends are a little tougher controling what I eat. I do not drink alcohal, ever. I also try to get 10,000 step in aday logging with fit bit. I have found Water is the most important consumable. It has a lot to do with ones energy level.

First off everone is different and you can't compare what one person has lost to another. If you are losing and things are going well - then things are working for you.

That being said...

I am 90 Days out from surgery. I have lost an average of just over 4 lbs per week since surgery - some weeks more some weeks less.

That's about 57 lbs since surgery and another 20 lbs lost pre-op from the pre-op diet for a total of 77 lbs.

I've not been in the gym at all but have been more active (swimming, walking, kayaking, etc).

As far as intake, my regular day is Greek yogurt, egg substitute or Protein shake for Breakfast, small Protein rich lunch (Soup and sashimi, burger - no bun, yogurt, etc) , small protein rich diner (chicken, pork, turkey, beef - all w/ veg) and usually a small snack (yogurt, fat free/sugar free pudding) . Chili has been good with Beans and made with turkey.

Not many carbs if I can help it.

I have not been perfect - I've had some pizza and a beer or two :) and I've indulged a few times when going out to dinner.

Total daily calories usually add up to about 900-1100 on a normal day.

Edited by ready2getgoing

Sleeved April 17. 2014

Total Weight Loss- 105 lbs

Average caloric intake per day: 800-1100 cals

Average Burn per day: 3500 cals

Protein shake in morning, Gatorade and Water all day, spoon of Peanut Butter or 2 oz veg at lunch, salmon or another fish and veg for dinner.

Exercise: no weight training yet, a lot of cardio (5 miles a day at least)

That is my day just about EVERY DAY

Works for me...

80% liquid intake of all calories - 20% solid food

Have all the stamina and strength I need to play tennis and run daily.

good luck hope that helps

congrats to all of you above who have been kicking some serious ass. I am 13 days from my surgery. I am looking forward to being able to post on here about my successes I will have.... I guess I have been somewhat successful as far as number go. I'm 35 and my high weight was 320 about a month ago. since starting my pre-op diet 9 days ago I am down to 307. I have also been hitting the gym at least 3 times per week. Today, I was there at 5am. so many motivating factors to get healthy.... I can't wait. piss off, you fat..... get off of me!!

Thank you guys! This is awesome and inspiring! Keep em coming!

I am 40 years old am 6'2". Starting weight was 384lbs. (38% bodyfat) and I had surgery on Feb. 24th. I am currently 289lbs at 28% bodyfat and just started weight training this week. I was averaging about 4lbs. a week in the beginning few months. Due to a stupid decision by myself (medication related) I have only lost 5 pounds over the last 5 weeks. I know this will change now that I am back on my meds.

I feel measurements are a pretty important thing to watch also. I had a 56" chest now 50" ... waist was 54" now 44" ... neck was 21" now 18". Unfortunately biceps went from 18.5" down to 16.75" but we are starting to work on that.

I still have approx. 80lbs to lose and shooting for 12-15% bodyfat.

Hope this info helps but don't get discouraged. The weight will come off!!!

Sleeved 6/18/2014

Height: 6'2"

Starting weight: 377lbs

Current weight: 291lbs

Stalled 3 times so far.

First stall - 3 days

Second stall - 6 days

Third stall - 1 1/2weeks and still goin.

I have always been into weight lifting. I lift weights vigorously. I am putting on alot of muscle really fast. With years of weight training history. My weight on scale hasnt changed too drastically in last week and change. But my sizes have definitely gone way down. Come september its shredding month. Cardio, calisthenics, and sports. Tighten that skin around the muscle. My only concern is loose skin. Everything going well so far.

Still on 3 Protein a day.

2- Muscle milk 160 cal. 20g Protein

1- muscle milk pro series. 220 cal. 40g protein.

Multivitamin

Benefiber

60 ounces - 1gallon of water/day (goes down easy after a month)

lunch.

Can of tuna (in water)

Cereal /skim milk

Fruits

dinner.

Tilapia

Salmon

Vegetables

Rice (rarely)

chicken (sometime)

Occasionally rare urges (sushi roll, crackers, bodyarmor, milk, orange juice,.. etc)

Still no bread feels too heavy. (Tried it once)

Edited by GODSON

How often do you guys weigh and how often do you measure? I'm considering weighing once a week and measuring once a month.

How often do you guys weigh and how often do you measure? I'm considering weighing once a week and measuring once a month.

I'm OCD and step on the scale everyday. lol But it can be disappointing to see no loss. I let my clothes be the measuring stick except now that I have neared 100lbs. lost I took measurements. Also my trainer took measurements for a starting point of the next 80lbs.

Have you guys had any hair loss?

I hope not ... oh wait I shave my head. lol

Hello

I was sleeved on 122/23/13. Start weight was 362, surgery weight was 320 and current weight is 223. I am 6'3 and 58 years old.

Eight months post surgery. I am eating 1100-1200 calories a day. Currently I am doing cardio, mostly elliptical and walking. I start at the gym next week, need to step up the strength training and will probably need to up calories and carbohydrates.

I do drink a Protein shake each morning, and eat 3 meals and usually 2 Snacks a day. I try to focus on dense Protein at meal time as this keeps me satisfied for 3-4 hours at a time. My weight loss has been steady, with no stalls that I remember. I think the reason for that is I would increase calories every time weight loss slowed down.

At three weeks post op I was still on a liquid diet due to a complication. My surgeon defined soft foods as anything I could completely chew to mush. I ate a lot of fish and seafood early on. Now I can eat anything I want, just in smaller quantities.

i don't think I had any hair loss, but didn't really notice anyway! Sounds like you are off to a great start! Keep up the good work!

I'm about 5 months out and down about 78 pounds total. The rate of loss has slowed to about 2lbs per week but I'm eating a variety of foods and consuming about 1200-1400 calories per day with a emphasis on getting 80-100 grams of Protein per day. I work out 5-6 days per week getting at least 1 hour of cardio per day. Currently I'm training to compete in a 5k run on Thanksgiving day. I have also eliminated 98% of white foods from my diet (flour, sugar, Pasta, potatoes etc.) I just hope to stay consistent and continue to progress with my current good habits.

I was sleeved on 6/19/14. Weighed 318 beginning of May. 291 at time of surgery. I am now at 240. I had a 2 - 3 week stretch with no loss. Knew it was coming thanks to this site but it still sucked.

I am eating around 800 - 1000 calories. I have had a few days that went up to 1400 range. I am exercising but not as consistent as I would like with 3 kids under 10. That is my next thing to incorporate in.