Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No excuses. Just need help.

I've been making poor food and drink choices and have lost no net weight in over a month. Today I will walk for 45 minutes on my lunch break. I will choose Protein and not sliders. Carbs will be kicked to the curb. I won't get over-hungry during the day and make up for it in the evening. Most of all I need to take my own advice, which is look at the big picture, feel GREAT about how far I've come, and don't get derailed. I have a fill appointment next Tuesday and I'll tell the nurse how this month went before we decide if I get another fill.

This is my danger zone, folks. Please chime in.

You're doing great , dont go backwards at this point ! Ask yourself WHY are you making poor choices ? Stress, ? Lack of food planning ? No sleep ? Etc,..... Maybe if you can find out why , you'll know how to fix it. Plan and pack food in advance. Work out instead of stressing out, etc. You CAN do this , we ALL have faith in you ! Good luck !

You're doing great , dont go backwards at this point ! Ask yourself WHY are you making poor choices ? Stress, ? Lack of food planning ? No sleep ? Etc,..... Maybe if you can find out why , you'll know how to fix it. Plan and pack food in advance. Work out instead of stressing out, etc. You CAN do this , we ALL have faith in you ! Good luck !

Good point. Oh yeah, stress big time. I'm addressing the stress but I was still choosing comfort food and drinks like Starbucks skinny mochas. Skinny my butt. Thanks for the reply. I'm going to check this thread throughout the day to keep myself on track and motivated. Thank you.

As you know, your issue is universal with all WLS techniques. I know I'd be at goal now if I always followed the rules but I seem to back pedal over the holidays or if I'm at any gathering where there's food. I try to keep my fridge and pantry free of trigger foods. If I didn't, I'd be heavier now than I am.

First step is to avoid the trigger foods and the only way to do this is to make a full commitment. Maybe tie it into a new eating protocol? I tied mine into the 5:2 diet(I made it 4:3). The band makes this diet so much easier since we don't get as hungry as we did before band. Whatever you do, you'll have to make a commitment or you'll continue to be wishy-washy?

I've been making poor food and drink choices and have lost no net weight in over a month. Today I will walk for 45 minutes on my lunch break. I will choose Protein and not sliders. Carbs will be kicked to the curb. I won't get over-hungry during the day and make up for it in the evening. Most of all I need to take my own advice, which is look at the big picture, feel GREAT about how far I've come, and don't get derailed. I have a fill appointment next Tuesday and I'll tell the nurse how this month went before we decide if I get another fill.

I can soooo totally relate to this as I was in the same place at one point. I finally realized the choice was mine. I could let myself fall back into all of those old habits that had caused me to be so morbidly obese that I required surgery in the first place OR I could put my big girl panties on, suck it up, and make the right choices to get me where I want to be. It's difficult but I did it and you CAN do it too. And don't beat yourself up about the mistakes you've made. You're human. You're going to make mistakes along the way but just because you make a bad choice once or twice does NOT mean you have to keep repeating those same bad choices nor does it mean you justify another bad choice with the first one. I'm one of those people who used to start every day with good intentions of making the right food choices. I would do great at Breakfast but tended to eat stuff high in carbs at Breakfast, which was at 5 or 6 am so then by the time I would finally get time to have lunch around 1:30 or 2:00pm, I was starving and would frequently make bad choices at lunch time because of that. Once I did that, I would kick myself but then continue to make bad choices for the rest of the day because I felt I had ruined the entire day with that one meal, which I now realize isn't true. You can't justify an entire day of bad choices based on one bad choice/meal. I've finally learned that if I make a bad choice, I start over right that minute rather than waiting until the next day or next week. Either way, it's all about the choices we make. We can choose to make the same bad choices that caused us to be overweight to begin with and regain everything we've lost OR we can choose to make healthier choices so that we can become the healthy people we want to be.

@@2muchfun,

"Whatever you do, you'll have to make a commitment or you'll continue to be wishy-washy?"

Commitment is key. Good advice as always. One thing I try I remind myself daily is that it doesn't matter how I FEEL about my food choices. What matters is what I DO.

@,

"OR I could put my big girl panties on, suck it up, and make the right choices to get me where I want to be. It's difficult but I did it and you CAN do it too. And don't beat yourself up about the mistakes you've made. You're human"

Ha! I've gone down two sizes in panties, thankyouverymuch. Lol. You're right. And I'm not beating myself up due to my month of bouncing around with food. Today is a new day and I just had a Protein bar and some nuts so I'm not starving by mid afternoon. Yay for being human!

Thanks, friends. Just what I needed to read just when I needed it.

OMG...your post could be me except I haven't had surgery yet...5 really good weeks and then whamo blamo a horrible stressful unhealthy back to old habits week. UG. I agree with the suggestion to look for the why....but I would add at some point you have to shake It Off! I'm not trying to rationalize being off the program (so to speak) I'm just saying for me, I can let a day of unhealthy behaviors become a week of unhealthy behaviors...and before my commitment to this life changing tool a week would have become months. You can recover your big Mo (momentum). We can do it together...

It's good that you recognize where your weaknesses are and are attempting to do something about it. That is a great start. In addition, use an online food tracker - I like Spark People but there are lots of others. Plan and portion out your protein-rich meals and Snacks for the day, and don't go longer than 3-4 hours without eating. Get in all your fluids - sometimes mild dehydration can be mistaken for hunger. I carry my insulated lunch box with me whenever I go out so if I'm out longer than expected I have a healthy meal or snack to tide me over. Basically it's all about planning ahead, following that plan, and tracking. Good luck!

You can do this. You are making all the right commitments. Just do it today. Think about tomorrow tomorrow. And most importantly remember that what you put into your mouth may make you happy or sad but it DOES NOT make you a good person or bad person. Sending good thoughts your way along with a cyber hug.

@@4me4them,

Yesterday was a good day and I broke the bad habits pattern. I stuck to my goals and walked at lunch and ate Protein and veggies at my meals. I feel much better after just one day. Got my Mo back!

@@terry1118,

MyFitnessPal is what I use. Good idea to use it to plan instead of just tracking what I already ate. Today I'm bringing a lunch instead of running out on my break. I have shakes and nuts in my desk but a planned meal is best. And the water! How easy it is to forget about it. I rely too much on coffee. Today I'll sip Water during the day.

*feeling encouraged*

You can do this. You are making all the right commitments. Just do it today. Think about tomorrow tomorrow. And most importantly remember that what you put into your mouth may make you happy or sad but it DOES NOT make you a good person or bad person. Sending good thoughts your way along with a cyber hug.

Yes! That mental leap from "I made a bad choice" to "I am a bad person" is what derails me. Not this time. Every day is a fresh start. I can't rest on my laurels and I can't sit in self blame. Thank you!

Well, somebody's getting their momentum back !!!!!! shake it, don't break it , honey ! You got this !!!

Well, somebody's getting their momentum back !!!!!! shake it, don't break it , honey ! You got this !!!

Today is so much better. Drinking Water. Ate my lunch earlier rather than later to prevent getting too hungry. Brought my lunch to work. Feeling GOOD!

Look at you go! YAY you!! I'm so glad you are feeling the mojo and feel better. We all hit a bump in the road and need our friends to help us up. I'm late to the party here but I wanted to add that I give you kudos for posting your struggle. There are so many who are benefitting from the support and advice you are getting on this thread who are/were also struggling who weren't able to bring themselves to ask for help. Again...YAY you!!!

Look at you go! YAY you!! I'm so glad you are feeling the mojo and feel better. We all hit a bump in the road and need our friends to help us up. I'm late to the party here but I wanted to add that I give you kudos for posting your struggle. There are so many who are benefitting from the support and advice you are getting on this thread who are/were also struggling who weren't able to bring themselves to ask for help. Again...YAY you!!!

Thanks for the boost! Yes it's definitely an up and down process but I am determined not to follow old patterns of despair and giving up. I am NOT ever giving up on myself again. EVER. I've changed my whole flipping life this year. Not just WLS either. Bumps in the road are not walls of concrete. SO glad I posted here! Thank you!