Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow i get banded. Excited and scared.

Tomorrow is my big day and I'm freaked out. Super worried about the pain because I'm esophagus hernia repaired as well. What is it like when you wake up and any suggestions? I have been wanting this for years and can't believe it's finally here.

Everyone will have a different experience. I felt very little pain, maybe just a little discomfort. I had no pain immediate post op since we're pumped full of anesthesia.

Hi. 2muchfun is right. We have all had different experiences. I did not really have any pain from where the incisions are at all. Was given pain pills and I think I took a total off 3 post op. The gas pain is what was uncomfortable for a few days. I sat on a shiatsu massager we have and also my husband did quick karate chops across my mid back which is where the gas seemed to be. My experience has not been bad:).

The first 2-3 days were the worst for me. Be sure you have your pain medicine and your anti-nauseous medicine ready to go. You'll be fine! You can take a few days of just about anything. lol it will be worth it. ;-)

The first 2-3 days were the worst for me. Be sure you have your pain medicine and your anti-nauseous medicine ready to go. You'll be fine! You can take a few days of just about anything. lol it will be worth it. ;-)

The first 8 days I took the pain Meds which I think is a little more than usual, but I was having a lot of pain by the port. The gas was not really an issue for me however. And I had no nausea whatsoever. I think it's definitely a case by case thing. Good luck!!!!!!

Good luck tomorrow... I know you will do fine. Keep us posted when you can!

Good luck. Congrats on the decision to improve your life!

Good luck and welcome to the family...

Almost there!! You will do great! I remember waking with a sore throat and feeling like I was punched in the gut...as soon as I moaned, more morphine was administered...and I hardly felt much...had to force myself to suck on ice chips, as the throat was the worst in the beginning. Walk around as soon as you are able. Take your pain meds when at home. Walk, walk, walk...at least 15-20 min every hour during the day, and if you have a recliner...sleep in that for the first week :-). Helps with the pain and getting up is much easier. It gets better by the day...expect the worst swelling 4-5 days out. Using a heating pad helped the shoulder gas pains...gas x chewables seemed to help too. You will be fine, but we are all here if you need us!

Thanks team! I'm so excited I can't sleep. In 8 hours my life changes. It's funny I have 3 kids all by c section but I'm scared of this, it should be a piece of cake compared to child birth.

Hi Crissy, I so recall that feeling of excitement and nervousness. I had never been an overnight patient in the hospital before and it was all so much better than I thought it would be. I did not have a lot of pain and even though I filled the prescription for pain medication I didn't need to use it. Post-surgery when I got up to pee I went for a little walk with my IV pole up and down the hallway, adding a bit more each time. By morning I was doing a lot of laps. Pretty sure this helped tremendously with releasing any trapped gas and kicking the body into healing mode. To any woman with three kids I would say be sure not to overdo on those first days at home. Even though I didn't have a lot of pain I did tire easily. Congratulations on everything!

Hey good luck.

I was banded June 28th, I'm now almost 8 weeks post op and had my first fill about a week ago. I had 1.4cc put into my small 4cc band.

Being down 73 lbs feels great but glad to finally slow down eat smaller get more exercise and feel great. Life is so new. I'm down 3 pants sizes already.

I wish you the best luck on your journey.

Take care and good luck!!!

Here are my results before and after banded.

post-221697-0-06040200-1409123926_thumb.jpg

post-221697-0-17380300-1409124164_thumb.jpg

Hey good luck.<br><br> I was banded June 28th, I'm now almost 8 weeks post op and had my first fill about a week ago. I had 1.4cc put into my small 4cc band. <br><br> Being down 73 lbs feels great but glad to finally slow down eat smaller get more exercise and feel great. Life is so new. I'm down 3 pants sizes already.<br><br> I wish you the best luck on your journey.<br><br> Take care and good luck!!! <br><br> Before banded was me and my purple outfit and me with my new glasses are just yesterday.

Happy band day! Karate chops on your neck and shoulders. Walk. Prune juice to prevent Constipation from pain medicine. Welcome to your new life!