Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I NEED HELP SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

I need help I was sleeved may2012 I haven't lost any weight with in a year. My eating habits are back to eating junk how do I go about deprograming myself I have 68 pounds that I need to lose to be at my goal weight but I really just want to get to the onederland that would be about 40 to 43 pounds I work a 12 hour swing shift with a 3.5 year old son when he stresses me an won't listen I eat junk. Any suggestions

Just get your required Protein in & keep those carbs to a minimum & you should do well.

I've heard good things about the 5 day pouch test (http://www.5daypouchtest.com/)

I haven't used it myself yet, but supposedly it helps to refocus your pouch as well as your mind and can be a sort of reset button.

Well for starters, im a stress eater too. I totally get where you're coming from. First, start packing your food/snacks for work, AHEAD OF TIME. Then you wont be tempted to grab junk when you're stressed. Have your kid "help", he will feel involved and you'll get a job done too. Same with dinner, google " make ahead meals", or " crockpot meals" or "hobo meals" , which your little one would probably really like putting together. (Also known as " tin foil dinners"). This way you'll have several days of meals done at once, ahead of time. Last, Google " One, two, three, Magic !" It's an easy way to discipline a child in a good , healthy way. I raised 4 kids, was a foster/adopt parent, this worked well for me. I hope some of this helps, good luck to you !!!

back to eating junk how do I go about deprograming myself

@@georgia72886

sorry about your old habits sneaking back!!!

don't know how much weight you successfully lost

you were loosing ok? but then stalled for quite a wihile??

gave in to old eating habits because you got frustrated??

doesn't really matter the why i guess

glad you know you want and need to get back on track :)

people that are in your similar boat (don't worry you won't sink) :D

frequently will do 3 Protein shakes a day (like the good ol' days ;) )

this will give you a good jump start, make you feel better to get on program

its been awhile, do you remember all the basic rules??

Kathys' Refresher Course 101!!!!

sttop drinking 15-30 minutes before you eat

never drink with your meals :o(people have been shot for less :lol: )

must drink at least 64 oz of Water

after you eat wait 45-60 minutes before you drink :o

always take smallll bites

moderation

eat with small utensils, take a bite of food put fork down

eat slllllowly

chew food well before you take another bite

always eat Protein first (ie dense protein like chicken is great cuz it makes you fuller faster) :)

watch your carbs - SUPPOSED to be only around 40 (that can be a challange)

60 gr of protein is important

try and exercise - even walking is better that sitting on your tush :lol:

i can't relate to raising a youngun while you are trying to eat properly

it must be very hard :o

that being said - whatever good food you are required/need to eat - that would be great for him to eat too

he is still very young - so stand firm , even if he's screaming - try not to give him or you junk

we all know the rate of obesity for kids going up and up - making fat adults :wacko:

not pretty

working 12 hr shiftsgood must be stressful and hard!!!

luv my yogurt, mix in some fresh blueberries with granaola spinkled on top :)

I JUST told my neighbor yesterday the yogurt tastes so good -

almost like having an orgasm :o ;) TMI?

eating junk food???

KNOCK IT OFF :lol:

we both know you can get back on program and continue to be the success i know you are

I believe in you :)

you should too!!! (believe in yourself)

now you go girl - show us what you are made of!!!

good luck

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Kathy and others have given you the low down...

My experience is that if I follow the high protein/low to moderate carb diet staying well hydrated, my hunger remains under control.

As soon as I start snacking on chips, crackers, bread, potatoes or eating junky food, my hunger goes through the roof. It is easiest for me to just keep those foods out of my house and only having them occasionally. It is hard now that my son is back home - he eats healthy but as a young man needs way more carbs and stuff than I do. I had a bread orgy there for a few weeks, but I am back in control again... and maintaining!

You can do this!

Thanks everyone tomorrow I will start to the 5 pouch... I'm also increasing my Water and Protein. Thanks everyone I just get so over whelmed at times thanks again for the support will keep everyone updated

So today is day one of the 5 day pouch, currently at work I had my 8oz of Protein an it's Water for the rest if the day until lunch which will be about 1pm only water in between that. I've also realized that popcorn is my slider food, as well as I've been eating an drinking at the same time. Which isn't good and I've been drinking way to much sweet tea, question do u all drink out if a straw I know you not suppose to but it helps me get the water down.

So today is day one of the 5 day pouch, currently at work I had my 8oz of Protein an it's Water for the rest if the day until lunch which will be about 1pm only Water in between that. I've also realized that popcorn is my slider food, as well as I've been eating an drinking at the same time. Which isn't good and I've been drinking way to much sweet tea, question do u all drink out if a straw I know you not suppose to but it helps me get the water down.

Good luck. Keep us updated on how it works out.

As for popcorn, drinking while eating, sweet tea and using a straw - all of those are big no-nos for my program.

Popcorn has no Protein, so all it would do is make me hungry.

Drinking while eating flushes the food out of our pouch and makes us hungry faster, while allowing us to eat more than we need.

Sweet tea - I can't even imagine the effect the sugar from sweet tea would have on me. Unless of course you're talking the Crystal Light or Mio type of sweet tea. If that is the case, there should be no issues there.

And using a straw as I was told injects a bunch of air while drinking essentially adding gas to the pouch and adding risk of stretching it out (same reason we can't have carbonation any more).

Keep in mind, this is all just what I was taught during my classes that I have chosen to follow very strictly. I'm no expert and won't try to tell you what to do, but I personally will avoid all 4 of those items you listed like the plague.

what is 5 day pouch

what is 5 day pouch

Google it. My team advocates it as a tool that can do many things. It reassured you that, yes, your pouch is still small, it can help you get back on track, it can motivate you, and it can jump start your weight loss efforts. It basically takes you through the five stages of post op eating, one stage each day. It does no medical harm and can actually do some good. :-)

what is 5 day pouch

I posted the link in post #5 if you want to read about it. It is basically a quick method to try and reset things and get you back on track.