Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 22, 2014

Wow! I am excited! I am getting sleeved by Dr. Landerholm in about a month. I am going to be doing 3 weeks on a very low carb diet to shrink my liver and fat. I tried to have surgery done previously with a different surgeon almost two years ago but he closed me up and said I had too much fat and he couldn't do the surgery. I'm going to do everything in my power to have this surgery this time. Good luck everyone.

I am also a Sept 22 sleever@

I am also a Sept 22 sleever@

Sept 22nd for me too!

I'm excited! 4 weeks from now we will be starting a new journey

I'm 9/22 too! I start my pre-op diet 9/8! I have to go off my hormones tomorrow until after surgery! This will be interesting. I'm really excited, and a little anxious.

I'm 9/22 too! I start my pre-op diet 9/8! I have to go off my hormones tomorrow until after surgery! This will be interesting. I'm really excited, and a little anxious.

So many of us on 9/22...I should add us all up lol

Hello, I am so sorry to hear you were not able to have it done the first time! That must have been hard waking up and hearing it was not done! I cant imagine that! I was asked by my dr to lose 20 lbs so I was 408 and I am 386 now I have 3 more lbs to lose and I have my surgery set for Sept 17th

I have been on a modified liquid diet for 2 months and I am ready to get this done...I will be an all liquid diet starting on Wednesday for 7 days prior to my surgery. I think that is sure to lose the 3 lbs with that but just in case, I am also working out like crazy.

best of luck to you and I will be here as soon as I am able to wake up from surgery lol

I'm 9/22 also!! Start my 5 day pre op liquid diet 9/17…pre op consult and testing and pre admit on Thursday. I'm so scared about this liquid diet eeeek!! It's coming up!

I'm 9/22 also!! Start my 5 day pre op liquid diet 9/17…pre op consult and testing and pre admit on Thursday. I'm so scared about this liquid diet eeeek!! It's coming up!

. I have to do 14 day pre-op liquid diet. First 4 days I felt terrible. After that I started to feel better. I seriously almost canceled my surgery because I felt so awful. I think I was an outlier though. Good luck!

Wishing a speedy recovery to everyone

Checking with my fellow 9/22 surgery friends? How is everyone doing? Today is day 5 post op for us. I'm feeling better! Day three wasn't pleasant, and might be my hardest day. Today is good so far at 7:00 AM. My gas pain in my shoulder is almost gone! My tummy pain just feels like I did too many sit ups, and the Fluid retention and abdominal bloating have gone Down just a bit. Warning; TMI topic: has anyone gone poop

yet? I haven't and I'm a bit concerned. Five days is a long time for me. Wishing you all speedy recoveries and feelings of contentment and peace.

Hey! So glad you started this thread! Yep me too 5 day post op! I feel ok same as you it sounds. Each day gets better. I haven't pooped and I was wondering the same. I feel like it would help the bloat and over all uncomfortable feeling I have in general. It's not horrible thank god! Still taking pain meds here and there but doing more here and there. But tore out fast. I have cold sweats often too which is weird. It's rather warm and humid here in Cali at the moment but I was thinking maybe all the drugs sweating out of me or something? I don't know. Not taking in much food or liquids I guess I should say. I think pooping would help all around lol

I had a really rough start. My surgery took 2 extra hours because my "small" hernia turned out to be massive. Woke up in so much pain. Then I had a really low heart rate post op so they kept me a couple of extra days. Ugh. The good news is that those problems are behind me and it super easy for me to drink. I can finish a premier Protein in 5 mins and take normal sized sips. Thanks goodness! I had a bought of diarrhea that stopped with one dose of Amodium AD. Still taking the pain meds and zolpran but it's getting so much better. Also using gas-x strips when I start to feel bloated. I notice that within a few mins of taking the strips I fart a lot and feel better.

Wishing everyone a complication-free recovery. Please feel free to PM me if you need support!

Your lucky you can take big sips. Mine feels like instant heart burn for a bit then subsides. It sucks