Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am approved! Surgery on September 15th

I took two weeks to get my approval from the insurance but I finally did! I am so excited and can't wait to see what the future holds for me. My doctors office sent out my packet today with my scripts and all my instructions. I am nervous because its getting closer and soon! I hope everyone is doing okay!!!!

What prescriptions do they give you before surgery? I got two for nausea and one for acid control. My day is Sept 15th also.

The only thing my doctor said they were sending is a script for Emend for Nausea that I take the morning of my surgery. So im not 100% sure if they will send anything else or not....they may send a script for the colon prep that way my insurance can pay but im not 100% sure on that either.

My Dr didn't say anything about doing colon prep...are you on a liquid diet before surgery? I have two weeks of liquids to look forward to.

I am on liquid diet 10 days before my surgery and the day before my surgery is when i drink the Miralax, magnesium citrate and take laxative tablets....totally not looking forward to that...i start my ten day on the 5th

hiya...am also the 15th and i see my doctor on the 3rd of september...i don't know if i have to do the 10 days liquid or not..guess i'll know on the 3rd...good luck september sleevers!!!!!...woot woot!!

Edited by Pepper123

The concoction you have to take the day before does not sound like fun. I am happy to be skipping that.

Thats great news congrats, keeping your seat warm on the losers bench.

Congratulation to all Sept. Scheduled members. Haven,t had surgery yet, I was told that I'd be on liquid diet for 10 days to help my liver to shrink. Also l will have to take the colon cleanser. Good luck to all

congrats! sept 10 here!!

Hello, I'm having my surgery done on 9-15-14 too. I start my pre-op on Sept 1. I'm hoping we all can be buddies.

Good Luck & Have a good day. Mychef :)

I am curious as to where everyone is from. I am in Owasso Oklahoma.

Kingsport TN

I started my liquid diet yesterday. I am already tired of having to pee constantly! I wonder it this is how it will be for the entire time until I am back on solids?

I am scheduled for Sept 15 also, yeahhhhh