Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fibromyalgia and the sleeve.....

So I was wondering if anyone is diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and has gotten sleeved. I have been diagnosed for over 10 years and I still work, I push myself everyday and I am one of the busiest people you would know. I don't ever let it define my life or get me down (often) When I have a flare up it is usually very brutal. If I can't push through then it is BAD. So I was sleeved on August 12th. I think I am doing Ok, I did my first week with Water, broth and sugar free Jello, then on Tuesday added some Meal Replacement drinks, cottage cheese, refried Beans, and egg. I thought on Wednesday that I was doing well but the last few days I have felt really just "icky." I am tired all the time, and I am sore (I am thinking it is Fibromyalgia related).

Everyone who has Fibro knows that it is an endless cycle...You hurt, you can't sleep, you can't sleep, you hurt. Well, since the surgery I haven't been able to sleep. I have insomnia and chronic fatigue (a lot of fibromyalgia patients have this as well) and even though I am able to crush my Ambien I still wake up almost every morning at 330. I toss and turn all night long and I am having a very sore low back, and hips. Laying on my sides (which I can finally do) is very uncomfortable and painful. I guess after this whole rant....has anyone with Fibromyalgia who has been sleeved, have/had pain after and what did you do that helped? Did any of you have a hard time sleeping? What worked for you?

I realize my body has gone through a big change and I am still adjusting, that it will take time to feel a new normal...all those things, but I am and have been miserable for a few days. Any ideas or thoughts to help me sleep are very appreciated!! (oh, and sorry about the whole story and blah, blah!)

I had trouble sleeping as well because I wasn't taking my Cymbalta/Tryptizol and opened the capsule and took the inside and that didn't help either. I started taking pills a couple days out of surgery because taking other medication crushed would make me gag. Honestly it got better but I'm having another flare up again (then again it might be jet lag because I just travelled). Also using like icy hot/ben gay on the areas that ached a lot helped. When I couldn't sleep, I was taking children's benadryl because I couldn't sleep a few days out of surgery.

Hope that helps some

Thank you for the response. I have done all those things. :( I crush my ambien and use biofreeze on the painful areas. I hope this passes. I just want sleep! I start back to work on Wednesday and I work long days 645am-5??pm. I can't be feeling THIS tired. I mean I already get tired easily, but this is more than it should be. (if that makes any sense).

Again Thanks!

I have fibromyalgia and epilepsy. I was sleeved June 23rd and I have really bad problems sleeping since my fibromyalgia seems to be none stop. The pain has gotten better so I am more able to walk without my wheelchair or cane for about an hour. The real pain is when I vomit. Taking pain meds is really hard on my stomach and when I get sick it hurts for at least two hours. I am experiencing this as I type. This is only the third time that this has happened.

It helps if I eat toast or a crack and sip a bit of Water to take meds. But if I wait more than 15 minutes then it comes up.

For sleeping I used a body pillow and it helped a bit but was fine laying in any position a little more than a month out. But overall the sleeping did get slightly better considering fibromyalgia isn't trying to let you sleep. Lol

I have fibromyalgia too and I get sleeved on September 10. Thanks for this information and I'll see how it goes. Have asked my doctor about the ambien she said those she be fine also take cymalta and another one so I shall see how they will work.

My mom has fibromyalgia and and can't take cymbalta, Ambien or pain meds. She had a complete work up done at a specialty clinic in Arizona and turns out a lot of foods cause systemic inflammation that then flares up her fibro. She had no idea these were an issue because she's not necessarily allergic or intolerant to these things, and there's no obvious GI symptoms. There's dozens of foods on her list, including dairy, soy, some seafoods, and almonds. She would have a very hard time with the typical post- VSG diet because of this. Perhaps your shift in diet has flared things up. Not to mention the inflammation caused by the surgery itself. Because she can't take any of the usual meds the only thing that has helped her is acupuncture, massage therapy, and sublingual resveratrol.

Mine has been better with the cymbalta so I don't know about after surgery. My doctor think I should be ok but who knows till then and everybody is different.

My fibromyalgia has been much better since surgery. I did have a lot of trouble sleeping at first, but it got better after a couple months. I've even been cutting my Ambien in half. Still occasionally wake up in the middle of the night, but usually can't get back to sleep if I'm hungry, so keep Protein Shakes to have if needed. Otherwise have gone back to naproxen instead of stronger NSAIDS & off gabapentin & plaquinal. Only take other pain meds every other week or so. I also have RA & back problems. Feeling so much better. 4 months out.

That is fantastic. Good to know something else to look forward to.

I really happy that i and my husband are cured of (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with the herbal medicine of Dr Aziegbe, i have been suffering from this disease for the past 1 years without solution until i came across the email of this doctors who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine, i also choose to give him a chance to help me and my husband, he told me what to do and i kindly did it, and he gave us his herbal medicine and direct me on how to use it, i also follows his instruction on how to use it and he ask us to go for a check up after 2 weeks and which i did, to my greatest surprise our result came out as negative, we are really happy that there is someone like this Dr Aziegbe who is ready to help anytime any day. to all the readers and viewers that is doubting this testimony stop doubting it and contact this Dr Aziegbe and see if he will not actually help you. Contact him on WhatsApp +2349035465208 or via email... DRAZIEGBE1SPELLHOME@GMAIL.COM . also cure all kinds of diseases , HEPATITIS, A,B,C , CANCER, DIABETICS , FRIBLOD,ALL KINDS OF SPELL CAST https://web.facebook.com/Herpes-std-cure-dr-aziegbe-herbal-cure-103360314788997/