Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have a lap band in situ which has NOT been a wild success. I have no desire to dampen people's enthusiasm to be proactive, but where do those who have not been successful go? Or is one just in limbo?

Why, in your opinion, have you been unsuccessful? (Let's start there and maybe we can help you get your head cleared just a bit.

Well, I have had the thing for 5 years. I moved to a new country and the small town I live in has limited experience with lap bands. Eventually, I asked it to be put in neutral, which I think it is. However, I cannot eat anything like a balanced diet which I understood would be the case. However, I am a world class vomiter ....disgusting. No I have not lost any weight at all. I am often hungry but throw up most food . Honestly, I an eat puréed food, dairy, crackers etc. to manage the obstructive problem I drink coke, that well known drains for the body

Nothing you are experiencing is normal. I have lots of questions but you should really consult with a bariatric surgeon. Maybe get a fluoroscopy/X-Ray to see where your band is? Your band may have slipped or worse.

Anything posted here would be pure speculation. IMO, you should either have your band removed or learn how it's supposed to work. Vomiting and being a world class vomiter is at the very top of the activities recommended to NOT do.

tmf

Thank you for the input. I figure you are correct in this. There are very limited choices here for me as my income is very low. Oh well, it just gives me another eating disorder...

It seems like you're resigned to your condition and have completely given up on yourself & your band, which makes me VERY SAD for you. Sad and scared.

Hmm, yes mostly resigned! But I am not liking it, the mechanical blockage thing is very unpleasant, malnutrition etc is weird being fat, but I shall try and talk to the GP about this and see what my options REALLY are. I do need a support thing and maybe this forum will provide that....I definitely did NOT get support from the clinic where I had it done, being called a failure is not very uplifting. I realise I am my own worst enemy as well.

I live in the wilds of New Zealand HotButterFly....what about you? I left Australia for a whole bunch of reasons, and settled in small town NZ....it has been a VERY good move, I have found contentment and happiness that I never have enjoyed before. The icing on the cake ( so to speak) would be losing some of the armour of fat I have hidden myself behind as I no longer need it.

I'm in NYC. I would love to visit New Zealand someday. Can you travel to get some medical treatment??

I would be in the public system here. It is really weird, the medical system here, there is a guy who does these things in a different city, but they were not interested in me not having private health cover.

@@Melanie123, you can't keep vomiting every day. You're going to do serious damage to your body and may well end up in a medical emergency. Please find a clinic or hospital that can assess your situation and recommend something for you, even if it's an unfill or removal. You can go on liquids for now until you get an appointment but don't wait.

@@Melanie123, you can't keep vomiting every day. You're going to do serious damage to your body and may well end up in a medical emergency. Please find a clinic or hospital that can assess your situation and recommend something for you, even if it's an unfill or removal. You can go on liquids for now until you get an appointment but don't wait.

Oh it is not every day, only when I am hungry for real food. I believe the band is in neutral. My diet is mostly liquid anyway, I have added coke which is a great unblocker. Thank you for your concern, it is nice to realise it is not JUST me being silly. It is the sort of thing to help me put of the feeling it is all just too hard and feel helpless.

Coke is also a very good esophagus and pouch dilator. I don't think you understand how serious your medical issue is? It could stay just as it is for a few years or overnight you might end up in an ER with an eroded band. Or, stretch your esophagus to the point it no longer performs peristalsis. Then you'd be on liquids for the remainder of your life.