Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had to give up Muscle Milk because my NUT said it had too many carbs for the protein...

i do muscle milk LITE (the pre-mixed 100 cal ones). the regular has a LOT of fat and carbs in it. i was told if muscle milk was my choice, to only pick the Lite one.

my opinion is the powdered one (regular version) is really gross anyway. i mix the 100 cal LITE pre-mixed one with extra milk and ice. it's pretty good!

My NUT told me it was better to use something else because regular muscle milk had too many carbs and the light didn't have enough Protein (12g).

I'm so confused.

I've seen tons of VSGers use Muscle Milk, Pure Protein and Primer Protein.< /p>

Have no idea which one to choose, My nut just said no more then 5grams of sugar and 10carbs.

There are dozens of Protein choices out there, so just try and keep it simple. Try different shakes and pick the ones you like. Drink muscle milk if you want to. Don't drink it if you don't. I personally drink regular Muscle Milk. Much better flavor selection than the lite. Each scoop has 16g Protein (I usually use 1 1/2-2 scoops per shake) and only 2g sugar. What's the big deal? A cup of plain Greek yogurt has 3 times as much sugar than that and almost everyone is told to eat Greek Yogurt.

Besides Muscle Milk, I also drink Premier, Syntrax nectar, Syntrax Matrix, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, Spiru-tein, and Garden of Life. I've tried, but didn't like Jay Robb, Isopure or Pure. Like I said, it's just a matter of finding what you like because you will be drinking them for a long time.

Good luck.

agree with kindle. my bari program gave me a big folder with all the different Protein options in it and even pictures of the canisters and such. there are a TON of options out there.

pick what is right for you!

There are dozens of Protein choices out there, so just try and keep it simple. Try different shakes and pick the ones you like. Drink muscle milk if you want to. Don't drink it if you don't. I personally drink regular Muscle Milk. Much better flavor selection than the lite. Each scoop has 16g Protein (I usually use 1 1/2-2 scoops per shake) and only 2g sugar. What's the big deal? A cup of plain Greek yogurt has 3 times as much sugar than that and almost everyone is told to eat Greek Yogurt.

Besides Muscle Milk, I also drink Premier, Syntrax nectar, Syntrax Matrix, unjury, Spiru-tein, and Garden of Life. I've tried, but didn't like Jay Robb, Isopure or Pure. Like I said, it's just a matter of finding what you like because you will be drinking them for a long time.

Good luck.

I believe if you are very active, the carbs in Greek yogurt may not cause any problems but since seriously injuring my back, I am not nearly as active and have a very bad thyroid condition. I will be very carb conscious after my surgery next month as I went on a strict diet of very low calories and never lost a pound in the past and really believe it was the high carb content in the yogurt I was eating 3 times a day. Didn't know about carbs back then and thought yogurt was my friend. Lol. No....Given my issues and past failures, I'll be taking a good probiotic which I've already started. It's called Nsync. I have chronic Constipation and it is a godsend for me!

I also have chosen the Premier Protein Shakes along with the hydroxy cut Protein Shakes. Premier is thick with 30th protein and 160 calories and hydroxy cut has 16 go protein, 100 calories but thinner...I like both.

I wish you all the best!