Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New on here. Surgery is on for tomorrow morning.

Was anyone else nervous/unsure the day before surgery? The what ifs are running wild in my head. Im also feeling bad for spending 14 grand on wls.

Don't feel bad...it's the best money you will ever spend. Rest, listen to your body, within a few weeks you will feel more empowered and in control than you have ever been. It's a true gift, the weight loss fight is over - you still have to exercise and make good choices but fighting it is over :)

I can't speak for anyone else, but right up to the minute I walked into the operating room, I kept thinking "I can leave now!" I think it's pretty normal to be nervous or unsure about making a change.

From the other side, it was well worth it. I feel about 1000% better already, only 4 months after the surgery. Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted!

I think it's normal to have cold feet at the last moment, just like with any major, life-altering decision! I'm 12 days away from my surgery and pretty much every waking moment is plagued with thoughts and doubts and excitement and impatience. Nothing has made me question my decision as much as this pre-op diet though! I have to keep reminding myself that it's only two weeks, but this is seriously NOT FUN.

You will be fine! Only one day to go!

I have seen a lot of talk about preop diets. Strange thing is that I dont have a bad one. I was able to have Breakfast this morning and have Clear Liquids until midnight tonight. Surgery is at 10am tomorrow. Is this uncommon?

@itsjuan please let us know how your surgery goes. The pre-op diet I think is to make sure you don;t have a fatty liver which can get in the way, you might not have had one. Never the less, it does give you a head start I think for what lies ahead for the next month or two.. Good luck with your surgery!

You're going to do great. I can't tell you how many times I thought about backing out. After my Initial interview I asked my Doctor if it was OK to start drinking one or two shakes a day while I began my exercise program, I was losing pretty rapid, then when I started my two week Pre op diet the weight came off even faster. I was at the point where I said Heck, If I can do this why bother with the surgery. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, I thought how many times have I lost a few pounds only to put it back on. So two weeks post-op I can tell you I went shopping yesterday and my pant size is down from a 44 to a 38!! it's a no brainer. Good luck, get a good night's sleep and get ready for a new and healthy life. Keep Us Posted.

I have seen a lot of talk about preop diets. Strange thing is that I dont have a bad one. I was able to have breakfast this morning and have clear liquids until midnight tonight. Surgery is at 10am tomorrow. Is this uncommon?

Ever surgeon/nutritionist has different requirements. Unfortunately mine is VERY strict. I'm allowed three Protein shakes per day (with specific nutrition requirements), one green salad with calorie free dressing, and two Snacks of either sugar-free popsicles or sugar-free Jello. I'm on day four and it's not TERRIBLE, but it's not fun. Monday was the worst. I had a bad headache all day and I was dead tired. Once I got over that hump, it hasn't been nearly as bad. Oh, and I'm supposed to keep working out throughout these two weeks. I skipped Monday and went to bed, but I've been working out the rest of the days.

I had the same pre-op diet: only clear liquids after noon the day before, nothing by mouth after midnight day of. I'm now post-op Day 9, on soft foods, and doing great. :)

@@itsjuan you will find a lot of comfort in this forum. there are so many great inspiring stories on here. Most regrets people have are not doing it sooner. good luck on your surgery can keep us all posted. I am going in for my surgery on sept 10.

Thank you so much everyone. That helps alot. Now to get all of those last minute tasks completed..

Hope your surgery went well! Update us when you can!

I'm new here too. I have a cardiology appt on Monday and see my pcp on Thursday. The second part of my sleep study the following week. Has anyone else been told they have a hiatal hernia that will need to be repaired too?