Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am 57. No wrinkles, no droopy neck YET. (Too fat!) I am wondering what will become of my face and neck after surgery. I am 265; my doctor said he wants me to get to 160. (I am 5'4".) Anyone with similar stats, age? I am wondering if I might have to get a small facelift later and if anyone knows what that costs. I know it sounds vain but in the workplace, women are judged so harshly...

I'm only 45, but 90+ pounds later I do have a bit of a turkey gobbler neck and way more wrinkles around my mouth and eyes. I'm not too worried about it. I just started using an "anti-aging, firming" face cream and will see what that does. My insanely droopy boobs and sagging skin on my ass and knees are much worse than my face and neck wrinkles. But I definitely like being saggy and wrinkly better than being fat. No plans for plastics.

I started with the turkey neck when I hit age 50, without weight loss. I looked in the mirror and saw my mother! It's genetic for me. Now I look like Fat Bastard after he lost weight, if you remember that scene (I have a vagina on my neck! LOL.) I don't know why, but I seem to be able to deal with it. It's the other excess skin that I'm expecting that I'm worried about.

I'm 59 and trying to lose about 100 lb total.

Funny thing, I'm 37 and never particularly had a fat face (at least not for a fat girl, LOL!). Now that I've lost a significant amount of weight I notice the neck/chin issue. I would say my face itself does not have wrinkles or any droop, but I just have this neck skin right underneath my chin which is disconcerting. This just might be me being hyper picky since it's my FACE. I make sure it's well moisturized and sunscreened so that it doesn't age due to sun/elemental exposure. I'm hoping that since my face was not that fat to begin with my neck/chin skin will tighten up over time.

Fezik, ROTFLMAO!

"Now I look like Fat Bastard after he lost weight, if you remember that scene (I have a vagina on my neck! LOL"

This cracked me up! You reference" Austin Powers", In "The Men in Black", Agent J states that the bug is inside Edgar Looking all lopsided and awkward, he says " It's like he was wearing some kinda suit, an Edgar suit." I look in the mirror these days , I definitely feel like I am wearing a "Janet Suit".

It's good to keep a sense of humor about these things. I'll take saggy and healthy over over fluffy and exhausted any day.

Here is the clip:

Interestingly, my turkey neck surfaced after about 80 pounds down and now at about 139 pounds down it's not nearly as bad. Not sure why but I drink lots of Water and exercising a real lot.

Interestingly, my turkey neck surfaced after about 80 pounds down and now at about 139 pounds down it's not nearly as bad. Not sure why but I drink lots of Water and exercising a real lot.

Just had this conversation yesterday. A client asked how I lost so much weight and I told her about my surgery. She thought it was great and commented how nice my skin looked. Her sister had had bypass and was now dealing with lots of loose skin. My work partner jumped in and described how I had such a giggly turkey neck when I was losing so fast but that it had tightened up noticeably over the last couple months. I looked carefully in the mirror when I got home and she's right! And I've heard that a lot of surgeons want WLS patients to wait 2 years before considering plastics because it can take our skin that long to shrink as much as it's going to.

I hope my saggy face is not going to be too bad. I don't wanna look 80! But if it means losing this weight, so be it!

Just had this conversation yesterday. A client asked how I lost so much weight and I told her about my surgery. She thought it was great and commented how nice my skin looked. Her sister had had bypass and was now dealing with lots of loose skin. My work partner jumped in and described how I had such a giggly turkey neck when I was losing so fast but that it had tightened up noticeably over the last couple months. I looked carefully in the mirror when I got home and she's right! And I've heard that a lot of surgeons want WLS patients to wait 2 years before considering plastics because it can take our skin that long to shrink as much as it's going to.

Two years after WLS or two years after hitting goal?

Not sure which. Heard it from a friend that had RNY a year ago and she's looking at plastics. She was told to wait.

I googled it and the popular answer seems to be at least 18 months postop and 6 months of a stable weight.

I googled it and the popular answer seems to be at least 18 months postop and 6 months of a stable weight.

Thanks!