Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for stories of your 100lb weight loss!

Hi everyone! Having surgery in a couple months here and super curious about those of you who had right around 90-100lbs to lose. How was your progress and timeframe for hitting goal or close to it??? Love to get some feedback! :)

hi - everyone's weight loss will be different...

I am just shy of 5' 7", My pre surgery weight was 253, currently I am at 155lb

My doctor wanted me to drop 100lbs.. at 6 1/2 months I was down 90lbs and by 7 1/2 I was 2lbs from my doctors weight loss goal - I feel really good... and if I don't lose those other 2lbs - I am totally ok with it. I try not to worry about stalls (cause they are going to happen) I just followed my diet plan that my nut & doc set up for me...

Try to not compare your journey to anyone else - it will make you nuts!! Good luck!!

That's so great! Thank you! I'm Already watching my intake and kicking my butt at the gym to be as strong as possible for surgery. 235 now but hoping to lose 10-20 pre op. I pray this is the solution to my body's issue with weight! I feel hope for the first time and completely on board with the process. I realize everyone's journey is different, always scary until you know what yours is. :)

So true!!! I have to say, this was the best thing i have ever done for myself... I live "normal".... i eat what i can tolerate (my new tummy does NOT like any type of pork products now...) Its like being on a diet without being on a diet...

check with your doc on how much you can lose before your surgery... I know i had to watch until i got my approval letter.

Good Luck :)

My surgery weight was 326 my current weight is 213. I've lost 112 pounds. In 6 months. I still want to loose another 60. I'm 20 years old and 5'7 .

I started at 275 and lost about 25 pre op. From surgery I have lost 78lbs. I have lost a total of 98lbs. YAY! I still have about 15 more that I would like to lose over the next 6 months or so. I am getting married in October, so perfect timing for my ultimate goal of 160. I am 5'7"

I started at 343 and I am down to 239 in 8 months. Well worth the work.

Thank you for the encouragement! I'm 3 1/2 weeks post op. Down 34lbs since pre op and have 46 to go for surgeons goal and 66 to personal goal. ;)

Hi

I am 9 moths post op and I have lost 110lbs since the 2 week pre op diet.

I had the sleeve.

Very happy , you still have to work hard to lose weight. I did hit many plateaus that is inevitable .

By measuring your food and exercising you can achieve your goal

I am not done yet 22 lbs to go and it's harder to lose now then before but it's ok

Good luck

Congratulations to all of you who have lost weight! Wow! I commend you, because I KNOW how hard it is to take off those pounds. Can anyone tell me what you eat and how often? I've heard that you cannot drink tea or Water with your meal. What exactly does your meal consist of? Are you ever able to eat a regular meal, just a bite of everything?

My doctor wants me to have this surgery. I am disabled and have Degenerative Disc Disease, Fibro, Ulcerative Colitis, Rest Leg Syndrome, and Non-Diabetic Neuropathy to name a few. Exercising is VERY difficult for me, and I am five feet tall~weighing 260 pounds.

I KNOW getting this weight off will make me feel SO much better, however I'm scared. How long are you in the hospital? I've heard stories of people dropping 100 pounds, then having all this sagging skin that can weigh up to five pounds alone, and having to go in for plastic surgery to remove it. Can someone please explain this from an ACTUAL perspective for me.'

Thank you so much,

Puppy Mom

I had the VGS on 12.12.13. My highest was 300lbs. Day of surg I was 281lbs. Right now I hover at about 165lbs. My goal weight is 150lbs. The last 20lbs has been very difficult. I'm trying to incorporate excersise into my regime, which is very slow going. I know that it will be what helps me over the hump. Having WLS has been the best thing I've ever done for myself!

I had my VGS on 3/4/15, lost 46 PO, NOW at 118, pounds gone forever! At 269 at lot more to go. Not worried I'll get there, just watch me, not stopping

Had my surgery on 12/29/14. I am down 92 lbs from my heaviest and 77 pounds from surgery date. I am plateauing right now with 24 more lbs to go. I have faith and my journey has been follow the Doc's instructions. When I don't follow the plan is when I stall. This has been the best thing I have ever done for myself.