Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is your skin?!

I'm just curious how people's skin has rebounded after surgery? I'm 26 and my surgery will be either late October or early November.

My arms sagged until I started using the wraps. Now, they hardly sag anymore. My stomach was also an issue and it isn't anymore. I have pictures if you would like to see. Also, if you can't afford them, exercising will help tighten them up, but nothing is 100%.

About how much did you lose? Pictures would be amazing if you don't mind sharing =)

With the wraps do you mean like It Works?

150 pounds is amazing!!!!

My skin: saggy, loose, wrinkly (not sure if that's a real word! LOL)

My skin: saggy, loose, wrinkly (not sure if that's a real word! LOL)

Not what I wanted to hear lol! How much weight did you lose? Has your skin tightened up at all as time has gone on?

Not what I wanted to hear lol! How much weight did you lose? Has your skin tightened up at all as time has gone on?

Nothing has tightened up (just gets more loose as I lose) but I'm only a year and 2 months out. I doubt it will. It's pretty saggy. I'm trying to fill some of the extra space with biceps and quads. LOL. I'm sure I'll be getting a TT for the belly though.

I lost about 115 lbs.

I'm sad that nothing tightened up for you! And congrats on your 115 pound loss! What an accomplishment! I have about 115-125 pounds to lose, and unfortunately I carry more of my excess weight in my stomach. My mom had a sleeve in December 2012 and just had plastic surgery earlier this week. She's in so much pain, I would be terrified to have any done!

I had my sleeve done nearly 3 years ago now and skin is my issue, so I did go to a consult with a plastic surgeon. I was a little sad to hear that I will need a lower body lift instead of just a Tummy Tuck. The only place I have a relaly issue with the loose and sagging extra skin is my stomach. Its a major area of insecurity, so just 16 more pounds to go and I can get that surgery done in February. For loosing over 100 pounds I feel like I am fortunate in the skin department. I really am looking forward to getting it done along with a breast aug because I lost over a cup size during the weight loss.

Oh god this is scary :(

I have 130 lbs to lose..... Almost all is in my stomach..... But I'm going to do anything and everything to keep the lose skin to a minimum

I heard that going to body pump classes is a good way to tighten up the skin? Has anyone had any success with this? I have been to class before, and it was a lot of hard work, but if it does help I think that would be a good motivator. Plus age should count too right? I mean the younger you are the more likely the skin will bounce back? Is there any truth to this?

I am about 2 and a half months out, I can already tell that I'm going to have loose skin in my stomach. I have lost about 38 lbs and can actually pinch my loose skin on my stomach already. I didn't think it would bother me as much as it does. But oh well, at least these pesky pounds are coming off, I'll focus on the weight and after I have my second child if it's still an issue I'll speak with a plastic surgeon. Also- stretch marks have become even more of a problem. I used to only have them on my stomach and my boobs, now they're on my arms, NO IDEA where those things came from of if it is common to get them after you lose weight.

Does anyone have a good moisturizer they feel like? Not so much for tightening just maybe that helps a little with the elasticity of the skin?

I'm a little over four months out and after a 16 lbs weight loss the first month, I'm averaging between 6-8 lbs a month in those since. I'm 25, never had children, and go to the gym at least three times a week.

I'm not having any issues with loose skin. So it IS possible to not have that problem. :)