Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is my weight good? Okay? Normal?

Hey guys!!

SW: 331

CW: 278

GW: 180

Height: 5'10"

I've lost a total of 53 pounds since my surgery on May 13,2014. Is that pretty good? My goal is to be 180 by June 1st.... I've hit a few stalls, which makes me nervous and I visited my surgeon the other day who said I needed to increase my daily calories from 800 to 1000. I do cardio anywhere from 30 mins/day to 1 hour sometimes. I've been trying to eat better and get more Protein in... Who thinks I can make my goal? I'm praying that I can! I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding next June and I'd like to be 180...

You can do it! Just keep your eyes on the prize girl you can do this. You are already losing so keep i'm doing what you're doing. Good luck!

Summer

I am close to you in stats. I am 5-10

and 180 and wear size 10 now and consider under my personal goal of 187. I used to be 315. it took me about 17 months to lose my weight but I was not exercising as hard as you. I only walked for first 9 months. then I started strength and cardio 4-5 times a week.

so getting 100 more pounds off in the next 9.5 months not impossible for you but it will be work. trust me though you'll still look great if you "only" get to 204 or 209 or 194 or 221 or whatever!

and you want to lose fat not muscle so the number on the scale not that important anyway so make sure to get your Protein. as another tall person I got up to 1200 cals by 4 months to make sure I didn't lose muscle. I never did stall. had some small loses but I never stopped losing for at least 10 months when scale zig zagged as I added in more strength training. but I dropped sizes and fat and gained muscle.

remember it's not a race! your long term health is most important thing. you will look awesome next June no matter the number!

You have had an average weight loss of 0.54/day... you have 98lbs til your goal... If you maintain your current average, you'll hit your goal in just over 6 months. June 1st is 10 months away.

Cheers

Thanks so much for the support guys! I tend to overthink and really stress myself

Out

Hi! I'm 5 10 Andy goal weight is 162.6. My surgeon said I should be 149, so we'll see. My surgery date is 9/22. I'm so excited, but anxious I'll fail at this like everything else I've tried. I currently weigh 262, and 100 lbs sounds epic! I love reading about all your successes. You all inspire me!

The most important thing that you can do is stay the course. Weigh your food and make sure that you log it. Attend support group and see how other people are doing. You will see that everyone loses at different rates. As long as you control your food intake and exercise regularily, you will surely meet your goal.

Good Luck

Hi! I'm 5 10 Andy goal weight is 162.6. My surgeon said I should be 149, so we'll see. My surgery date is 9/22. I'm so excited, but anxious I'll fail at this like everything else I've tried. I currently weigh 262, and 100 lbs sounds epic! I love reading about all your successes. You all inspire me!

I am 5-10 and currently 178-182 and consider myself at goal. My BF % is 26% which is under the max for my age group. My BMI is still 26. I may or may lose 5 more pounds to get to a BMI of 25 but it does not really matter. If I go down much further than that I will lose muscle as my extra skin is probably 5 pounds or more. I already have bone sticking out so there I not way I could be 149. It really depends upon the individual but don't get too caught up I the number. Get to a health body fat percentage and something you can keep off for life! I am already a size 10'in pants and even have am few size 8s. I used to be size 24 and 314 so weighing in the 178 range is okay by me.