Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband with plication

I had the surgery on Thursday afternoon and felt absolutely awful until this afternoon. I couldn't stop vomiting the first day, even though I hadn't drank anything but sips of Water and 1/2 Popsicle and 3 or 4 tiny bites of Jello.

My dr called in a prescription for nausea and so I'm doing much better. I still have to take it a little sooner than 6 hours apart because I feel myself wanting to throw up in about 4-5 hours after I use one.

The surgeon also discovered a hiatal hernia so they repaired that. As soon as I woke up from surgery, I regretted the decision to have it and until today I still kind of did. But now, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's going to be just fine! ;-)

Plication is relatively new, just in case you don't know about it. It can be done with or without the lapband, but the success rate so far with this surgery is really high. They take your stomach and told it over itself and stitch it up. In case of an emergency, the stitches can be removed, I didn't lose any of my stomach, and of course the band is removable. Some call procedure sleeve with no staples.

I'm having the lapband with plication done tomorrow. I'm glad to hear you are having less regrets! I'm really nervous!! Hope to hear you are feeling much better soon! :)

I am so glad to hear that it has given you hope. I honestly thought about getting the surgery so much that I never even worried about afterwards and it was really rough! But now I'm on day 3 and with friends and family praying for me, I am finally seeing the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel!" Please let's keep in touch! Also, be sure you get the suppositories for naseau, I didn't have them for the first 24 hours and I vomited 6 times, so gross! Not any food, but even a sip of water! I was so scared that I had made a huge mistake. So my best advice is if you are feeling horrible, it will Pass! Lol

I have a lot of friends and family praying for me too! (at least the ones I decided to tell) I have my nausea suppositories, but I'm a little nervous because I have never used suppositories before. I had to ask a really close friend some questions about how to use them correctly... you know it's a good friend when you can ask about sticking something up your butt! :)

I would love to keep in touch...I am sure I will be asking you a lot of.."Did this happen to you..." kind of questions. I will add you as a friend on here. :)

Thanks for your advice and encouragement!

Jen

Edited by jlj1110

@@planningband07 How are you feeling? Hopefully better! Had my surgery yesterday....went well. I am hurting a lot more from the gas pains in my upper body than incision sites right now. It was hard to get down even Water yesterday, but feeling better this morning. Will try a Protein drink today, and do some more walking around the house. Sure am looking forward to being healed and able to eat and exercise normally to get this weight loss going! :)

Have a great day!

Jen

Here are a few tips: for the "gas" pains it helps to try sipping some warm tea and placing a warm heating pad under your back/shoulder where the discomfort is.

An ice pack where the incisions are will help to numb the pain especially around the port site.

When you are trying to drink fluids, sip use a teaspoon or a medicine cup to sip from. Your insides are very swollen and it will take time for them heal, just as it will take some time for your outside incisions to heal.

Ice pops are another great tip for something solid as well as for hydration.

You will be feeling better soon. I love my band and plication!!

I'm feeling so much better, thanks! ...but I'm afraid I may have made a mistake. I think maybe because I was so sick before, and am not now, I was so hungry today! I ate some soft serve ice cream and just now a little canned spinach with garlic salt! Listen to me, I sound pregnant! Lol. Anyway, I didn't eat near as much of either of the foods that I could have or that I used to eat. I'm hoping that I haven't damaged anything or will not have a horrible night. I just wanted something that tasted like real food! ????

Hope it didn't make you sick! I'm not feeling like eating anything yet. The Protein Shake tasted gross to me today, and I was only able to have a Popsicle. Just anxious to get past this and start feeling better!

Thanks for hoPing it didn't make me sick, it didn't! Thank goodness. The Protein Shakes are disgusting to me now, too. And the Popsicles are the best, but it sucks that's all you can keep down! Hoping you have a better day and I have a BM before long! Lol still haven't had one yet!

Today was a little better. Made myself drink a lot more Water, and had some beef broth. I know I need to get more Protein in, but the taste of things is off. I did have a BM yesterday so at least I have that going for me! Hope you can say the same soon! :)

I have had a BM for the last 3 days, and have been using a stool softener to make it happen. I hope I'm not becoming dependent on these things! The directions said not to take over 5 days, so I'm gonna try to go the next couple of days without using the suppositories.

So I passed out in the hall today. I got up from the bed too fast and started feeling lightheaded. Usually I'm fine just hanging onto the wall while it passes, but today my legs must have just given out. Thank goodness I didn't hurt my stomach area, but really sprained my right ankle, hurt my left knee, and busted up one of my toes. I am being very careful now anytime I get up! Now I can barely walk just as I was getting better. So stupid! :(

Glad things are moving through better! :)

So I passed out in the hall today. I got up from the bed too fast and started feeling lightheaded. Usually I'm fine just hanging onto the wall while it passes, but today my legs must have just given out. Thank goodness I didn't hurt my stomach area, but really sprained my right ankle, hurt my left knee, and busted up one of my toes. I am being very careful now anytime I get up! Now I can barely walk just as I was getting better. So stupid! :(

Glad things are moving through better! :)

Yikes !! I've had recent lightheaded episodes but not passing out. I've come to realize my blood pressure has gone down with my weight loss and I've already kicked one BP med to the curb and it may be time to reevaluate my other one. Anyway sorry you were injured. My daughter has low BP and can faint sometimes. She noticed that when she takes Claritin for her seasonal allergies it raises her BP a little and she's has no episodes this summer.

It might be my blood pressure. Being extra careful now! :)

I went to urgent care today where they took X-rays, nothing broken, but I have a right sprained ankle and they are worried I might have torn a ligament in my knee. The doctor gave my a prescription to get a knee brace fitted tomorrow. She wants me to at least give it a couple days to heal before trying to work. I really wanted to be there for the first day of school, but I can barely walk...My husband has to help me walk anywhere.

On a better note, not feeling pain from surgery today...of course the pain from my knee could be drowning it out! :)