Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello fellow pre-opers and post-op supporters!

I am going through True Results and my expected surgery date is October 3rd or 10th depending on how fast Cigna decides to send back my approval after my last visit (which happens to be September 19th). I am beyond ready to take on this next part of my fitness journey.

I have been a yo-yo dieter since I was 14 years old, always able to lose the weight but putting it all back on and then some. Before I became a mother about 2 years ago, I stopped caring about my health and just lived life not really expecting to live longer than 45. Boy do children change your outlook on life!!! I want to see my great-grandchildren and leave an awesome legacy for them. I am fortunate my child is still young enough not to remember the me at this weight. I want to end the obesity cycle. I am and have been taking cooking classes and have never eaten so healthy in my life, lol. Unfortunately, you can still eat too much of the good stuff too.

After a few months of dealing with my emotional attachment with food through counseling, meditation, and self-hypnosis, I am still having issues with Portion Control. After struggling with what seems like a never ending hunger, I’ve decided to go with gastric banding. I looked into it back in 2009, but I was not ready to take responsibility for my actions. I know this is not a magic pill. The band won’t put down my fork, stop me from eating cake, make me workout, or continue to make great decisions for my journey… that will all be me! I see the band for exactly what it is, a tool to help me achieve my goal; make it a little easier to feel fuller sooner and longer.

All that being said, “WHY IS TIME GOING SOOOOO FREAKING SLOW?!?!?!” I swear the calendar went back a day or two more than once! I mean what the freak. I know, I know, God’s timing is perfect but seriously! The green eyed monster wants me to tell everyone getting a band before me to kick rocks! LOL!!! HA HA HAA HA AH HA! <= *crazy laugh*

Ok, I’m done. :D

Congrats! But, the days are going by too quickly for me. I want it to be June 1st all over again. Summer is just disappearing too fast.

True..I love summer! Sounds like you've really gotten yourself to a place where you can truly be successful! I'm very happy for you and excited for the way you'll life will change ! My grandson was a major wake up call for me. Couldn't stand the thought of not seeing him grow up because of something I could change. Take this time to prepare your home and to get the things you need before your surgery. Congratulations and best wishes to you!

I thought the six months of jumping through hoops my insurance company set up would last forever! It has helped me mentally prepare myself for this major change, and drive my husband crazy telling him all about everything I learn about the surgery, tips, and how many sugars, Protein grams, etc that everything has. (Thank goodness he is so supportive of me doing this!)

My surgery is now in six days, and it am so excited to start this new way of life! This website has been so great to have during this time to get encouragement, and questions answered. Good luck, and I hope the time starts to fly by for you!

And I totally understand about being envious of those going before you! My friend had it a few months ago and I just REALLY wanted it to be ME! Feel free to tell me to kick rocks! :)

Jen

Edited by jlj1110

Lol..congrats to you as well Jen!

I'm about 4 weeks (Sept 19th) away from my last pre-op visit with True Results. I've gained six pounds over the past 4 weeks!!! :( I wish I could say it was for a good reason, but I can't even come up with half an excuse. It's moments like this I think I may fail with the lap band. Good thing there is always my optimist responding with this is why we're getting the lap band.

It doesn’t make the wait easier knowing one of my best friends was banded on Tuesday. She is doing amazing on her recovery. She didn’t have to take any of the pain medications prescribed by her doctor. She’s already wanting to try mushies!

I start classes on Monday, which will be a big help with time passing. I’m just ready to be over the surgery and healing process. This is a really good lesson on delayed gratification and patience for me, so I’m going to take it in stride and keep the whining to a minimum.

Edited by Guest

Candalen: I feel the same way. I have gained some of the weight I lost in the last 6 weeks and I just wonder how I'm going to be successful? Know you are not alone and I'm sure we aren't the only ones to think like this pre op.

No worries! All of us have issues with food and weight. That's why we are here. It will work!!!

So... my last visit with True Results to be insurance compliant was on Friday, 09/19. I was expecting them to fax overr my paper work that day. Turns out their medical director has to apporve it first before sending it out. Long story short, I call good ole True Results and they didn't fax my paper work until Tuesday, 09/23. My insurance company is saying they still haven't received it! A little annoyed yes I am! I just happen to work for my insurance company so I know they are not lying, I double checked.

I want to have this surgery October 10th or 17th before department blackouts start. What is a blackout you ask? It's blocks of time during a companies busy season you cannot request time off. I also need to have friends and family come in from out of town to help me through recovery and they have blackout times starting in November as well. GOTTA LOVE THEM HOLIDAYS!!!

I need to pray.

Go figure I just got off the phone after contacting True Results, spoke to the same person from yesterday, and now she's telling me they sent the paper work today... O.o.... O.O... o.O.... totally wanted to reach through the phone and slap a turkey!!!!

Come to find out, after the medical director signs off, it then has to be assigned to a case worker? Why the hell are there so many middle people??? If I would have done a little bit more research about my options, I would have gone through a private bariatric surgeon and NOT through the commercialized True Results.

Edited by Guest

Im scheduled for surgery on the 6th and have my pre-op on the 30th. And it comes to find out my paper work hasn't been sent to my insurance yet. It turns out I have to attend one more weight management class before the can file it. So I made them squeeze me in a class for tomorrow. Now I'm just praying my doctor or the insurance company don't drag their feet.

I'm ready now. Doing great on my pre-op diet. But it will really suck to find out I may have to wait, stay on a liquid diet even longer, and will have to change the days I have scheduled off especially when my co-worker who's covering for me has booked a trip to Paris for the end of October.

So truly understand how you feel. But to keep my self motivated I'm using this time to read, research everything. food choices, what to expect after surgery, best type of exercises , etc...

Just try not to stress your self out. We know what stress can make us do. Lol

Stay positive. Our day to begin a new will come.

Best of luck in getting your approval quickly.

Cece

I'm using true results as well ( Scottsdale location) sounds like we are on the same track, my first consult was April 2, insurance wanted 6 months of nutrition classes, my last apt was sept 8, my insurance approved last week and I'm scheduled for surgery on oct 3, I'm using Dr. Nirmal, and will meet him Tuesday :)

So, my paper work was submitted on 09/26 and I was approved 10/01. My surgery is schedule for 10/17! I'm excited. Pre-op diet starts tomorrow. Praying the next two weeks fly by! Totally love the hurry up and wait process. LOL!

Whoohoooo!!!!!!! For me the pre op diet sucked for the first 3 days, I felt shakey, had headaches and a little queasy, and a lot grumpy lol, but by day 4 it was so much easier, not sure if it was a drop in blood sugar or what, or maybe I'm not normal....(well I know I'm not normal) lol but either way I'm glad you finally got a date!!!!!

Not to burst your bubble in the parade but remember that pre op instructions , well that's nothing compared to the post op diet & bandster Hell I wanted to bite everyone's head off & you will want to stay away from T.V. because you don't realize how many commercials seem about food , just giving you a heads up , good luck on your journey , remember any meds you have to take ask for them in liquid form because it is easier for a while.