Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recent Unfill....

so i went in today after spending the weekend in misery.. and in all honesty if i'm honest with myself i've had some level of misery for quite some time. and should have had this unfilled done at my last appointment 2wks ago.

I have been having acid re-flux/heartburn and stuck episodes almost every time i ate. life just about sucked. to make me feel better the amount of fofo coffee i consumed increased as the warm drink made my band feel better so the scale hasn't really moved. .... I wanted to wait it out. i wanted to see if i could figure this out myself.. Stupid..

I'm a little crazy.. but this morning enough was enough.

let me tell you my dr office IS AMAZING i was in the office 2hrs after talking with them and that included the 40min drive to get there. I was seen right away had the unfill and barium swallow and at NO CHARGE...

after discussing symptoms, causes and how long i'd felt the way i did we undid the last two fills and .4 cc's where removed from my band.. it was the weirdest feeling EVER it felt like my whole body sighed in relief it was like suddenly stress i didn't realize i had was gone.

My point to this post is.. don't wait if you aren't happy and are struggling and even have the slightly thought you may be in the red zone. don't wait.. go visit the doc

Right now i'm certainly glad i went i feel a lot more relaxed. yes i'm on liquids for 2/3 days so wont' really know if it has helped but the piece of mind and relaxed feeling i have right now.. SO worth it.

Glad it worked out for you. I'm always afraid of being too tight. Good advice !

Great post -- glad you're feeling better, Irish. Let's not rush anything -- you're doing great. Good for you recognizing red zone and getting out!

very good advice, great post. now newbies read this post and implant it in your head. sliming, pain, pbing and stuck issues are not normal to the band if you are being compliant. CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!

very good advice, great post. now newbies read this post and implant it in your head. sliming, pain, pbing and stuck issues are not normal to the band if you are being compliant. CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!!!!

yes totally agree even those of us who are coming up on a year banded still need to heed the advise of dr's. thankfully for me there is no lasting harm but no one knows if it's the first time you vomit or that 650000 that can cuase trouble with your band.

After reading your post, I will be calling my doctor on Monday. I was filled 10 days ago and at first thought it was great because I wasn't hungry. Wrong!!! Every time I eat or drink I get this feeling in my throat that there is something there waiting to come up. I get the slime, and eventually puke. There aren't to many things that stay down. I kept thinking it would go away and obviously it won't on it's own. I thought it was great because I dropped 8 lbs since the fill. Well it's not. Will be going in Monday!,

Loved your phrase "my whole body sighed in relief." I had the same thing happen with a much-needed unfill. All the stuff sitting in my stoma just went "WHOOSH"...what a great feeling that was. Suddenly I could drink Water without unhooking my bra, hunching my shoulders forward and willing it to filter through my stoma.

it's amazing the stress we will put ourslefs through with out really realizing it. gald you are feeling better i know it was the right thing for me to do.. going to wait until i get back from vacation before i start adding the Fluid back.