Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mexico plastic surgery?

I'm only 3 months out but I want to start looking and doing some research for good doctors in Mexico to do plastic surgery to remove my loose skin. Does anyone know where to look or have had good experiences with good drs in Mexico? Please help!!

cosmed, they are in TJ and were highly recommended. I'll be going to them once I loose my weight for a refurbishing!

I've read a couple of really bad reports about cosmed and messy stitching and having to have repairs done because of it. They are probably one of the lowest in costs though. I just came back from surgery with Dr. Sauceda. It was an amazingly good experience.

Oh, that's good to know. I'd be interested in anyone else's suggestions on where to go as well.

I had a great experience with Dr. Carmina Cardenas of Beauty Enhance. I lost 90 pounds back in 2010/2011 and had an extended Tummy Tuck, breast lift with implants, and all-over Lipo with her in August 2011. Unfortunately I've regained the weight, but my tummy tuck has held up amazingly well. Despite weighing 250 pounds, my stomach is flat and tight. I'm definitely planning to go back to her if I need any revisions or additional work done once I am sleeved and get to my goal weight.

cosmed, they are in TJ and were highly recommended. I'll be going to them once I loose my weight for a refurbishing!

I went to Cosmed 4/13 for 3 procedures due to weight loss 2 of the 3 procedures must be revised due to poor work. My breast implants must be taken out and my whole breast pocket must now be rebuilt and allowed to heal for at least 6 months due to sloppy work. My arm lift was cut improperly causing it to need to be redone, and several Doctors did n't even want to touch it...Couldn't guarantee a good outcome. I did however find a really great new surgeon also in Tijuana, Dr. Victor Gutierrez, he just did my lower body lift and it came out beautifully the scar line is so thin and faint I know it will not even be noticeable shortly. He will also be doing my revisions from the poor outcome I had the year before. Dr G told me that 3 out of 5 of his surgeries are revisions, from other dr's work. It saves a lot of time and money to do it right the first time. I found my new Doctor after seeing his great reviews and pictures over at www.realself.com where you can input any PS you are considering and have a ton of reviews (good and bad) from real people...I just wish I had known about that site when I first had plastic surgery, because I would have learned I was not alone in my poor outcome....So do your homework, research for yourself. I had 10 consults for my lower body lift, some in person and the rest online. I was so paranoid after my first outcome, I had to know for sure. It paid off because I could not be happier with my choice today.

I went to Dr Sauceda in October 2013. very very pleased with my results as well. If you search this forum for his name you will find many posts detailing the whole experience.

I had excellent results with Dr Victor Gutierrez. Many are truly amazed with my transformation. Here are links to my before and after pictures on this site.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/gallery/member/116222-sweet-pee/

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/310972-new-sexy-body-by-dr-victor-gutierrez/

Such great information, thank you!

I'm just curious, approx. what price range is it for let's say a Tummy Tuck?

I don't know how much it would be for a Tummy Tuck alone, since I had other work done at the same time. For my extended tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation, and all over Lipo, it was $8500 for the surgery, plus $2000 for a to week stay in the recovery house, plus incidentals like take-home meds, compression garments, etc.

Thanks JamieLogical, that gives me a general idea.