Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any experience with breast lift?

Hi --- I have lost 90 lbs from my lap-band surgery and am very happy with my results but my breasts seem to have lost volume on the top and are sagging. You can't notice it when I am dressed and wearing a great bra but it's noticable in a bathing suit and when I am undressed. Has this happened to any other women on here? Have you had breast surgery? If so, did they put in an implant or just lift them? You can private message me on here if you aren't comfortable sharing on the forum. Thanks!

I hurt myself trying to hoist those girls up everyday! :P I have thought about a breast lift, but after a recent mammogram (my first) I decided there was no way I would ever consider implants. The technician explained the difficulties associated with cancer detection and augmented breasts. She was supportive of lifts and reductions, however.

My breasts look exactly how you described, but for now I have decided to deal with them. Underwire bras and bathing suits are fine for me. And DH likes them no matter what.

Good luck with your decision!

:)

Edited by Teachamy

I had my breast done when I did some other skin removal surgeries. My breasts were like empty tube socks. They didn't look too bad when I would roll them up and put them in a bra, but lookout if I wasn't wearing one. I know I needed a lift, wasn't too into getting a implant, but was told by my surgeon that there wasn't enough tissue to fill an A cup so I went ahead and had a implant put in. I wasn't prepared for the emotions I would feel after having the lift. One morning I was walking past a mirror in the bathroom caught a glimpse of my new look and was stunned, I started to cry, had no idea what they meant to my self esteem. No longer embarrassed, and now able to hold up a dress without sagging boobs bringing it down. I am happy I had the lift and implant.

I'm not sleeved yet (Sept. 1), but I lost 90 pounds "on my own" back in 2010/2011. After I lot the weight, I had an extended Tummy Tuck to remove my excess skin and I had a breast lift with implants for the same reason you're considering it. I never had large breast to begin with, but had gotten up to a C at my heaviest, so when I lost the weight and got down to an A/B again, they were very "deflated" looking. So I knew I wanted a lift and why not get implants as well, since my breasts had always been on the small side. I am SOOOOOOOOO happy I did it! I love love love them. And even though I've regained the weight (thus the need to be sleeved) I a hopeful that I won't have the same issue losing weight this time around, since the implants obviously won't shrink as I lose weight.

One thing you have to be okay with though is the scarring, There will be scarring, so make sure you and your spouse are prepared for that. The amount of scarring will depend on what type of lift is necessary.

I am at about 85 pounds down and I was not very happy with the girls either. I have an augment and lift scheduled for the end of this month. I wasn't sure if I wanted to have implants or not, but they apparently help round things out at the top of the breast, while a lift does not. Ultimately the surgery is not much more expensive to have the implants included at the time of the lift, so I figured...why not.

Also, my doctor works with a lot of reconstruction breast cancer patients and he assured me that detection with implants placed under the pectoral muscles is no more likely to miss breast cancer than would be the case without augmentation.

Good luck to you!

Thanks for all the replies so far! Great information! Would anyone be willing to share the approximate cost? I live in the NYC area so prices are definitely inflated here!

Thanks for all the replies so far! Great information! Would anyone be willing to share the approximate cost? I live in the NYC area so prices are definitely inflated here!

I went to Tijuana to have my work done. I had the extended Tummy Tuck, lift with implants, and body sculpting with Lipo all done at the same time. The total cost for all of that was $8500 back in 2011, not counting the cost of my stay at the recovery house, take-home medication, and compression garments. I think in all I spent about $11000. Of course if you are only doing lift with implants, your cost would be a lot lower, since the surgery itself would be less and your stay in Tijuana would be much shorter (mine had to be two weeks for the tummy tuck and because I was having so much done at one time).

If Medical Tourism is an option for you (I know some people want nothing to do with it!), let me know and I can give you more info about my surgeon.

In the NYC area as well haven't checked prices. However couple years back I had nose done at eye and ear hospital in the plastic surgery clinic.

If you are liking to save quite a bit of money go to NYU and eye and ear (continuum) and look for plastic surgery clinics. They are surgeries done by the plastic surgery students under direction of the full practicing physician. I had the full physician in the room, a fellow a week from being a fully practicing plastic surgeon and a couple of other fellows.

My nose cost $3000 and that covered hospital and surgery and anesthesia in 2011.

They do breasts and I recall the pricing being around $4500 with a decent implant. The bigger you want the pricier it is.

I just had a breast lift with implants 6 weeks ago. As one mentioned in a previous post, I went from a 40DD to not even able to fill a 32B and my surgeon told me I didn't have enough breast tissue left to just do a lift so I would have to have implants. He suggested the new cohesive gel(gummy bear) because saline ripples and I am very petite 4'10" and 110lbs and ripples will show in a very petite and thin frame with no breast tissue! I'm extremely glad I listened to him and got the implants!! I feel like my old self again and never really realized how much my breasts were "apart of me" until I had them back!

I had my breast lift as part of other procedures so there was a multi procedure discount given. Most people who need skin removal surgery usually do the breast surgery as part of other procedures they do at one time . I know my surgeon does Mommy make overs (beast lift and tummy tucks) right around $10,000 give or take depending on what you need....I flew into San Diego was picked up and taken to the clinic just south of the border, so simple. I used this surgeon because of his great abilities first, price was important but it was down on the list....