Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ANYONE ELSE GET PLICATION WITH LAP-BAND?

I had a plication with a lap-band on June 30th 2014. I find I can get a lot of food into my folded gut - and so the doctor put some saline in my band, which has helped on a bit (I got see him again this week and he'll put more in). I don't know anyone else in my world who's had this combo (plication with band) and am curious to know what that journey has been like...if anyone is willing to share their stories with me.

Thanks so much!

I had band with pliation and hernia repair. I'm 15 months out and have pretty much reached goal. There are several on here who've lost their weight without fills. I've had fills but not too many or too much. The band and plication is a good combo. I think I could have done it with plication alone, but it would have been slower and more work. The whole thing with the band is just because you can eat it doesn't mean you need too or have to. Learn to stop after you are satisified.

I had mine December 30th! Down 42 and started getting fills mid March. I am at 6 1/2 cc in a 13cc band and beginning ti speed up again. Love it! May be losing a little slower but have had zero problems and can eat small portions of absolutely anything

I had this procedure done just about two weeks ago (12/31/14). My surgeon calls it the iband. but its the same thing. I am eager to get restriction (scheduled for 1/29/15), because only after a few days post op, I was already feeling pretty hungry. Thankfully, I am not able to over indulge the feeling. I would like to stay full for longer than 2-3 hrs. I lost a small amount, but nothing like what I read in the forums right out of the operating room. I have been cleared to do aerobic exercise so hopefully that help.

I guess I am convinced I haven't lost anything since the doc's scales in the hospital were less than the one his office. My ticker reflects weights at home. So conflicting.

My clothes fit different and that matters more...

I had this procedure done just about two weeks ago (12/31/14). My surgeon calls it the iband. but its the same thing. I am eager to get restriction (scheduled for 1/29/15), because only after a few days post op, I was already feeling pretty hungry. Thankfully, I am not able to over indulge the feeling. I would like to stay full for longer than 2-3 hrs. I lost a small amount, but nothing like what I read in the forums right out of the operating room. I have been cleared to do aerobic exercise so hopefully that help.

I also had this combo done on December 29, 2014, with a hiatal hernia repair. At first, I could eat very little while I healed. I suppose I'm still healing at only two weeks post-op, but I can eat pretty much anything without complications (except for the Soup at Zuppa's.- Can you say gas pains for four hours straight?) There's no way I'm going to lose weight being able to eat like this, so I'm going to need a fill. I see my doctor for my post-op appointment tomorrow and will ask about it. He's the only one in this area who does this combo, but he says the plication with the lab band helps avoid slips and with weight loss. I've only lost about 6 pounds because I think I'm actually going up on the scale the more I heal.

Edited by bkchick88

I'm having this surgery on January 24th. My surgeon said he won't do a fill for at least 6 weeks post op, but I'm optimistic that I can talk him into 4 or 5 weeks after :)

I just went to my doctor today for my two week post-op appt. He won't allow me my first fill until I'm at week 5, so I have three weeks to chill. I can eat absolutely anything I want, so you could say it doesn't really feel like I've been banded at all. No weight loss goin' on here for a while. I'm kind of enjoying the variety of food I can finally eat after that tortuous liquid diet but, in all reality, I'm not losing weight, which is what I'm ultimately shooting for. I guess I'll be patient for a few weeks. I'm hoping things work out with my first fill because I've read some nightmare problems with band adjustments.

I had both done and had a horrible reaction to the plication. After having it done, my stomach stopped functioning (it would no longer empty). Eventually after 8 days in the hospital, they removed the plication and left the band in place. I spent 11 days total in the hospital. I just got home a few days ago and feel a little sore, but great. Praying the lap band on its own will work for me.

I had both done and had a horrible reaction to the plication. After having it done, my stomach stopped functioning (it would no longer empty). Eventually after 8 days in the hospital, they removed the plication and left the band in place. I spent 11 days total in the hospital. I just got home a few days ago and feel a little sore, but great. Praying the lap band on its own will work for me.

Omg so sorry to hear that... Im planning to get the same procedure but I'm a bit nervous about the plication part. Did the doctor explain why this happened to you??

Hello,

I am new here. One week and one day post op from the "Iband" and hernia surgery. I am here for help. I know I am still recovering, but I am still filling like I am full of gas and air. Is this normal. Dying to get back to eat something solid. Tried cottage-cheese (I love it) but I don't think that was a good idea. Any help???