Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 4 of my Pre-Op diet, 8/14/14 surgery date, I am hungry!

This is my first post and 2nd day on this website.

Day 4 of pre-op diet. I am feeling hungry most of the time and truly fighting the urge to stop and grab something! along with being kinda edgy as well it reminds me of why I always hated dieting.

BUT: I am so very excited about my lab-band and can't wait to start this journey to feeling healthy again. I find myself reading all my paperwork over and over to make sure I havent forgotten anything and feeling a bit nervous. Luckily there is a lady at work that had this same procedure done in March and she has lost 53 pounds and that makes me feel better. I joined this site to share my journey with others and to find support from people that know what I am going through. I have been looking at many of your profiles and am just amazed! If you have any suggestions for being hungry, I would love to hear them!

Thanks,

"I am hungry"

How many days do you have to diet and what are your Dr.s pre-op dietary requirements?

tmf

hungry is what us banders have to go through until our band is adjusted properly. this is head hunger. when you feel this just remind yourself that you are not starving. and than do something physical. I don't know what kind of pre-op diet you are on but a Protein drink was what I drank when I was feeling to hungry to control the feeling. drink Water to fill up your stomach. good luck

This is my first post and 2nd day on this website.

Day 4 of pre-op diet. I am feeling hungry most of the time and truly fighting the urge to stop and grab something! along with being kinda edgy as well it reminds me of why I always hated dieting.

BUT: I am so very excited about my lab-band and can't wait to start this journey to feeling healthy again. I find myself reading all my paperwork over and over to make sure I havent forgotten anything and feeling a bit nervous. Luckily there is a lady at work that had this same procedure done in March and she has lost 53 pounds and that makes me feel better. I joined this site to share my journey with others and to find support from people that know what I am going through. I have been looking at many of your profiles and am just amazed! If you have any suggestions for being hungry, I would love to hear them!

Thanks,

"I am hungry"

Are you on a strict liquid only diet, or do you have shakes for Breakfast and lunch with a veggie snack am and pm, and a small dinner?

With mine, I learned that sticking to a STRICT feeding schedule and drinking as much Water as I could get in me in between feeding times helped a lot.

I am on a 14 day pre-op (started a few days early since I gained a few pounds when I was weighed in)

Protein must have: max 5 grams fat, max 7 grams carbohydrates/suger per scoop and minimum of 20 grams of Protein.< /p>

snacks:low sodium broth, coffe, tea, sugar free Jello or popcycles

2 Protein shakes a day and one healthy meal at lunch or dinner. Meal consists of 4 oz. of fish, chicken, trukey or very lean meat. 1 cup of green vegetables and 1 cup of apples, strawberries, rasberries, blackberries or blueberries.

The first powder I bought had all that but 26 grams of protein. I tried a new one today that has 30 grams and I think it be doing the trick a little better. I also started a cup of low sodium broth and suger free Jello.< /p>

I guess I need to just suck it up.

I'm sure you've been told this but this pre-op diet is to shrink your liver before surgery. They have to lift your liver to get to your stomach and if it's too heavy they have to punch an extra hole in your body or just close up and not do the surgery. Also, they don't want to damage the liver. It's difficult I know but so worth it.

My preop diet was the sugarbusters diet. What is your like? I was so glad that mine wasnt liquid.< /p>

I am 6 weeks out and so far for me, the pre-op requirements were the hardest part. I was only allowed shakes, sf Jello and broth. It was sheer determination that got me through it. I waffled a time or two with some baked chicken and fish but I was successful. The best part is I lost 23 pounds so that helped but I felt like I was starving.

Just pull yourself through this. It does get better, thankfully. You are in the hardest part for most of us.

Try to remember this (like said above) is mostly for your liver and safety. It also helps get you past the food withdrawals.

You are on your way and soon will be rocking the new banded you.

GOOD LUCK, keep us posted. Lots of good people and info on this website.

Colleen

my pre op diet lasted about 9 mos. I had to go on a carb free diet and lose 5% of my body wt. prior to surgery. the whole time I was on this diet, a little voice in my head kept saying, "if you could diet you wouldn't be having wls". lol. but I made it but just barely.

The pre op diet blows. Mine was three weeks. I could have two Protein shakes, with frozen fruit, if I wished, but no banana. I had one meal, 6 to 8 ounces of lean Protein and salad and green veg a day, as well. I could also have sugar free Jello, broth or bullion, sugar free popcicles and all of the Water, Crystal Light and coffee (I am a coffee junkie) I could drink.

My pre op diet wasn't easy but it was pretty doable, overall and I lived over it. Hang in there. You only have ten days to go and then you will be banded. You can do this! :D

The pre-op diet was the hardest two weeks of my life! I have never stuck to a diet for that long but I did it and I am glad I did. My family and co-workers were telling me, "you don't need surgery, you're doing it on your own." What I told them was the reason I am sticking to it is because of MY surgery. And to top things off, my co-workers on the last day of work, the day before my surgery, they ordered me two trays of Mexican food!! Mexican food! I told them "I can't have any of that. I'm on liquids today." They thought I could have my last hurrah. I know they meant well but I told them next time get me flowers. lol. You'll get hungry after surgery too, so this will help you. I lost 20 pounds from the pre-op diet so look forward to that. Hang in there. You can do it.

Lots of good support here, I'll be needing it soon. Best Wishes kpurdy68 I will be checking up on you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You can do this!

For the record, I haven't started my pre-op diet yet, so take the following for what it's worth. But I did read a post in another thread that the lady was drinking or eating (Jello, popsicles, etc.) every hour and a half. Whether that was large consumption of Water or Jello or Protein shake etc.. That seemed to help her get through the day because she knew that every hour and a half she was going to have something and she planned it out and put her phone alarm to it. This sounded like a good idea, but again, I'm not in it yet so I'm sure it sounds great now! ;)

Good luck to you!