Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recipe- Portobello Pizza SUPER EASY

I posted a thread about having this for dinner and got responses about people trying it so i figured i would post the recipe for all to try!

these pizzas use a portobello cap for the 'crust' and you can put anything on them you want. super easy and really good.

First off, you need to remove all the 'gills' from the mushroom. i found if you leave them on, it becomes watery and murky looking. i use a sharp knife and just run it along the caps in a circle to remove them. also remove the woody stem by cutting through it. i learned early on if you just pull, the mushroom cap will likely break.

Rinse the caps and place on a baking sheet. sprinkle with salt and place in the oven to start cooking (i use 375). meanwhile...

Brown up some ground turkey sausage, hamburger or whatever meat you want on your pizza. i have always used turkey sausage. brown it and scramble it until done.

i also use shaved ham, cut that up very finely.

lastly, cut up your veg to whatever size you want. i pre-cook my veg in a saute pan for a couple minutes to soften. unlike a crusted pizza, these will only bake for a few minutes and if you like your veg crunchy, you could skip this. i like my veg a little cooked on my pizza. I use green pepper, onion. you could easily add hot peppers, olives, whatever...

now it's time to assemble. i use a tiny bit of canned pizza sauce for the pizza, and if i don't have it i will use a sliced Tomato instead. take the caps out of the oven, they should appear to be cooking at this point and look softened. if not, you can wait to assemble until they are cooked. layer your toppings however you want to, i sprinkle with a bit of dried italian seasoning too. place back in oven and warm through, then top with whatever cheese you like. i use low fat mozz and a little fresh grated parm. finish in oven until cheese is melted.

DONE! so Gummy and super filling. one smallish cap is enough for me now, hubs can eat two bigger ones. no carbs there to worry about. enjoy!

Hmm...I'll have to try this. I've done portobello pizza before, but never removed the gills.

Instead of Italian seasoning. Try Basil. It has a lighter taste and is the secret to a lovely tasting pizza anytime......

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches